Spaghetti & Mince Frittata

This looks yummy - exactly the kind of thing I love, definitely gonna give it a go this week -think I have most of the ingredients in already so shouldn't need to spend any money either, bonus!! x

StaceyUK said:
I made this last night and it was soooo good! I used lamb mince as hubby doesn't eat beef but you can use whatever mince you like.

This is based on Gino D'Acampo's recipe from his 'The I Diet' book (which has some great looking recipes in it!). I tweaked it a bit so here's my version:

Serves 4-6
2 HEX A for whole dish

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
500g extra lean mince
500g passata
1 tbsp sun dried tomato puree (1 syn)
few dashes of worcester sauce
small handful dried oregano
300g dried spaghetti
4 large eggs
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
50g fresh parmesan, grated

1. Heat Frylight in a large pan and add the onion, garlic & carrot, frying for 5 mins.

2. Add the mince and cook for a further 5 mins.

3. Pour in the passata, add the oregano, worcester, tomato puree and salt & pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dent. Drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Stir well and leave to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 180.

5. Break the eggs into the meat sauce & pasta in the pan, add the parsley and and the parmesan. Mix everything well.

6. Spray a 28cm diameter baking dish (sides about 5cm high) with Fry light. Tip in the pasta mix and spread out.

7. Cook in oven for 20 mins until crispy and set. Remove and allow to rest for 5 mins.

8. Serve with a rocket salad drizzled with a good quality thick balsamic vinegar.

Looks and sounds delicious. Will be making this over the weekend.

Back