Spaghetti vs Orginal Chilli

RenewMe

OMG!!! Just tried the the Spaghetti and the Maple fruits and almond bar and they are delicious! I only ordered a very small sample pack- x 4 packs @99p each as I felt I was being a bit of a traitor the Cambridge Diet and to my CDC!! (sad I know...) Still as yet to try the crispy choc cereal and original oatmeal.....
BUT....
I don't want to make the mistake of ordering loads of spaghetti if the others are good! I am looking to order the massive 5 meals per day, (man programme as I am sure I can split this across 2 months) however I am terrible and if I order 5 of each I WILL NOT eat them if they are inedible
I know it is a stupid ask as it is all a matter of personal taste, but

Q1) Does the original chilli taste good/better than the spaghetti? Do they have the same textures?
Q2) Are the mushroom pasta and the Macaroni are more sauces or small watery meals? (Opinions I have read on this forum so far)
Q3) Do the porridges taste like CD or LL??

Advice/opinions please!!! xxx

You can order more individual samples - any which you have never ordered before. So I suggest that you go through and add all the packs you haven't tried and do another sample order before you buy in bulk.

i really like the tomato chilli and the spicy spagetti also the cottage pis they are all really nice

Imo the chilli is nicer than the spaghetti, it has the same texture as real chilli, the cottage pie is all in one packet so don't imagine mash on top of mince as its all mixed together, but I eat mine on top of some mashed swede and its delicious, don't let the appearance put you off, I tend to treat the meal packs like sauces, for example I can't imagine eating them on their own (apart from the chilli) I have mac cheese on top of cauli rice, same with spaghetti and chilli, if you use your veg allowance wisely you can have some really tasty 'real' food, it really doesn't feel like a vlcd, the meals def make it easier to stick to, I havent wavered once (yet) and I am notorious for giving up at weekends, but because I can have a tasty meal I feel like I am treating myself, last night I had my chicken (protein meal) with mac cheese on top (meal pack) with broccoli and cauli (veg allowance), it was delicious and I was stuffed. As advised I would use the trial pack facility as you don't want to waste money as long as you havent ordered it before you can try it, good luck.

The only meal I don't have is macaroni. I don't find it substantial enough on it's own. All the others I have just on their own though

Did you have the new spaghetti (silver packet) or the old 'spicy spaghetti' (white packet)? I like them both but the new silver spaghetti is my favourite - the white one is actually noodles whereas the silver one is pasta and in my opinion is actually spicier than the white 'spicy spaghetti'!

Overall I prefer both spaghettis to both chillis due to the fact that there is pasta/noodles in them so feels more like a meal instead of just one component to the chilli. The white pack old chilli has kidney beans in whereas the silver pack new chilli doesn't hence why I prefer the silver one!

The macaroni is very runny but still really nice, especially with cracked black pepper added to it. Haven't tried S&S porridge so can't answer that one.

The mushroom pasta is very nice if you make it to the right consistency and put it as a source on top of your chicken breast (if your having 3packs + protein) its one of my fav meals and i think the spag bol is the most filling and the nicest i have in on a bed of lettuce with some mushrooms and onion thrown in to thicken it up abit, tastes like home made haha but remember you can add any veg in your allowance to your food if you make it on the hob, i dont have a microwave so ive been experimenting and going to post some recipes up soon! :)

Ooh I cannot wait now! I had the crispy choc shake blended with ice and that was yum too!! I have been hankering for something savoury as I cannot stomach soups. I will be seeing my CDC for the last week this week me thinks, but will be sad to be leaving the mint choc shakes, and the orange bars and the mint bars behind especially as they are 50g bars :wave_cry: I am just a greedy chocolate monster!!!!:17729:

Back