Spain free and low syn foods.

Hi all

Have been living in Spain for 3 months and seriously fallen off the wagon am veggie and finding it hard to get the food here where can i purchase soya?:break_diet:
Hiya chica - welcome to our little Spanish team. Where abouts are you hun?

If you mean pure soya then that ain't so easy. Not many places stock it. If you have a big chinese food warehouse near you then you may be able to get it there.
(I know there is one in Torrevieja on the Southern Costa Blanca that has it & Tofu).

Otherwise you can get a few quorn products in Iceland if you have one of those. Otherwise you're a bit stuck!

Soya milk is freely available in most supermarkets - Mercadona certainly have it.

Hi all

Have been living in Spain for 3 months and seriously fallen off the wagon am veggie and finding it hard to get the food here where can i purchase soya?:break_diet:

What Be said is true. We need to know where you are living to help you.

Hi all

Thanks for the info :) Currently I live in Castil de campos but will soon be moving to Huescar , Granada.
I will get back into slimming world .............honest .
Found some soya protein in Eroski granada yesterday and can get quorn (very expensive) from the english shop nearby. I can survive on veggies though.

Hi all

Thanks for the info :) Currently I live in Castil de campos but will soon be moving to Huescar , Granada.
I will get back into slimming world .............honest .
Found some soya protein in Eroski granada yesterday and can get quorn (very expensive) from the english shop nearby. I can survive on veggies though.
There are Icelands at Puerto Banus and Mijas if you ever go dowbn onto the Costa del Sol. Quorn will be much cheaper there!

When I was last in Iceland - C del Sol - Quorn was not cheap there. I don't like it but as a veggie was curious to see how much it was.

Hi all

Soya granules are available in most of the Health food shops here on C del Sol. - not flavoured like some of UK ones but make them good with own herbs and spices.

I have just found Shapes Rhubarb Crumble and Apple Crumble yogurts in Iceland.

They are delicious and are just 0.5 of a syn each.

At 2€ something for 4 they are a bit expensive but such a treat.

Also on offer are Activa 0% fat yogurts. I bought peach ones and cherry ones.

Hi, I have bought some of the La Pasteleria yogurts from Mercadona, the apple pie and choccy ones and I synned them at 0.5 each - they are delicious and recommend them.

Hi, I have bought some of the La Pasteleria yogurts from Mercadona, the apple pie and choccy ones and I synned them at 0.5 each - they are delicious and recommend them.
Hi Purdygirl. I love the La Pasteleria yoghurts - in fact had to stop buying them as I was eating far too many!
I know they have changed the recipe on some but we calculated a long time ago that they were actually free.
Activia fat free are 60 kcal per 100 gm and actually contain fructose - and these are free on SW.
As far as I remember they are below this in cals and no sugar at all!

Hi Purdygirl. I love the La Pasteleria yoghurts - in fact had to stop buying them as I was eating far too many!
I know they have changed the recipe on some but we calculated a long time ago that they were actually free.
Activia fat free are 60 kcal per 100 gm and actually contain fructose - and these are free on SW.
As far as I remember they are below this in cals and no sugar at all!

Hi Pommette, Thanks for the tip about the Activia yogurts, I will look out for them.

I would prefer it if the La Pasteleria yoghurts were free, but can cope with with 0.5 sin each. I am doing the SW plan with my OH, so am looking for anything that can curb his sweet tooth.

I will be looking out for them yogurts when out Tuesday as so want to keep to diet... Shall try my hardest to ignore the penascal wine x

Hi Pommette, Thanks for the tip about the Activia yogurts, I will look out for them.

I would prefer it if the La Pasteleria yoghurts were free, but can cope with with 0.5 sin each. I am doing the SW plan with my OH, so am looking for anything that can curb his sweet tooth.
The Mercadona own label (Hacendado) Bifidus 0% fat ones are free! Have you tried them? They are only 57 kg for the 125gm pots.
Taste just as good as Activia and half the price!!!

Please could you do me a conversation?
Bimbo Silueta light Pan tostado
Per 100g...
305kcal
protein......14.3g
Carb.........67.1
sugars.......2.7
fat............5.2
sats..........2.1
They also give the figures for each little toast, which I would imagine to be similar (albeit these are much smaller) to Ryvita
Many many thank yooos
:D

Please could you do me a conversation?
Bimbo Silueta light Pan tostado
Per 100g...
305kcal
protein......14.3g
Carb.........67.1
sugars.......2.7
fat............5.2
sats..........2.1
They also give the figures for each little toast, which I would imagine to be similar (albeit these are much smaller) to Ryvita
Many many thank yooos
:D
Powla - as there are no free foods in them, it is easy to calculate. Just divide the number of kcals by 20 to get syns = 17.5 syns per 100gm on any day.
I double checked the online syn calculator just to be sure and it comes out at exactly that.

Obviously 100gm is a lot of the little rascals - you need to weigh a portion out.

Thanks Pommette, I will look out for the other yogurts - the more the merrier.

I have also found the following today in Mercadona. Have not tasted them yet, but have worked out the sins online.

Hacenado Mermelada Extra Fresa Light Jam - it's free!!!! Will put some of it on my SW rice pudding - delicious

El Caserio Light Cheese Triangles - I have worked these out against the Laughing Cow Light triangles and they are 0.5 sin less per triangle. They are cheaper and easier to get in Mercadona rather than having to go Iceland or Carrefour. Can I use these instead of the LC Light triangles as HXA as they are lower?

We are having the SW Homemade Chicken Kebab and salad for dinner tonight.

Will post if I find out anything else from Mercadona.

Thanks Pommette, I will look out for the other yogurts - the more the merrier.

I have also found the following today in Mercadona. Have not tasted them yet, but have worked out the sins online.

Hacenado Mermelada Extra Fresa Light Jam - it's free!!!! Will put some of it on my SW rice pudding - delicious

El Caserio Light Cheese Triangles - I have worked these out against the Laughing Cow Light triangles and they are 0.5 sin less per triangle. They are cheaper and easier to get in Mercadona rather than having to go Iceland or Carrefour. Can I use these instead of the LC Light triangles as HXA as they are lower?

We are having the SW Homemade Chicken Kebab and salad for dinner tonight.

Will post if I find out anything else from Mercadona.

Hi Purdygirl - I always substitute the El Caserio Light Cheese Triangles for Laughing Cow. I also get "Quesilete - 16 quesitos light - Más Sabor" ones too. Which I also get from Mercadona. They are 21 kcal for each triangle = 1 syn. So you can have 6 as a HexA!!!!!

Amazed that the jam is free!

PS If I've asked this before excuse me - I'm cracking up! But whare are you on the Costa Blanca?
I'm on the Southern end near Guardamar

Chicken Kebab was a success and OH liked it as well.

I have still not tasted the jam, but as it is free I am really hoping it tastes OK.

How funny - I am also in Guardamar.

Back