Spain free and low syn foods.

Hi Laney !!!

Well done on a brilliant weight loss.

Were abouts in Alicante are you ?? I am in Benissa which is north and Bev is in Almoradi which is south. None of us here have an official SW group . They do not exist and anyone that claims to be running an SW group is doing so without the permission of SW.

remembering the 20 cals rule is pretty good for sticking with your 15 syns a day.

Why not visit a few of the diaries. I always find that so helpful for support and for new food and drink ideas. For example this morning I picked up a super idea for syn free, alcohol free mojitos in Princess Stevie's diary.

If you don't already have a diary it is such a good idea to have a food diary. That way you get loads of help and feedback from the lovely people on this site. You need a few more posts (50) and then you will be up and away.

Off Topic is a good place to up your number of posts.

Good luck and see you around in the other forums

Sue xxxx

Thanks for the reply Sue. I'm in Pedreguer and shop at Iceland Benissa! LOL. I am so determined to do this it's unreal. Being in this country and having to show a little more flesh than I normally would has set off the alarm bells this year. I just find it so hard as there is always some kind of social event going on but I have realised that with SW you can still go to these, I just need to make the right food and drink choices! Low cal Mojitos eh, see it can be done. We went away for a weekend and I was hooked on Sangria. Now that I have looked further into it and realise that they add SUGAR :eek: I am going to make my own and stick to spirits and diet mixers when I'm out now.

Thanks for the tip on the Food Diary too, I think I'll do that.

Elaine xx

Hi Elaine - lovely to see you here.
I've answered your questions that you posed on Shrinki's fred over on mine - if that makes any sense.
There are about a dozen of us spread throughout Spain that are doing SW. A few round the Torrevieja area, Sue and a couple of others up near Denia, Madrid, Almeria etc etc. I tried to organise a meet up a while back and lacked takers :cry:

Laney, we are so close we should have coffee sometime. The café in Iceland has closed but we could always meet there to start with,

I am living in Spain so as you know difficult to find much info out, so pleased found this site. Can anyone help, I have some Iceland 100% beef quarter pounders are they free on red days or how many syns in them

Below are some free and low syn things you can get in Iceland (in syn order EE-R-G)

Beef in Red Wine Hotpot, 1kg pack, frozen, 250g serving 2 2 5½
Beef Sirloin Joint with a Peppercorn Crust, Easy Carve, 800g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free 8
Beef Burgers, 8 pack, frozen, 57g each 4 4 7½
Beef Burgers, 100% Beef, 12 pack, frozen, 57g each 3½ 3½ 8
Beef Goulash Hotpot, 1kg pack, frozen, 250g serving 3 3 6
Beef in Peppercorn Sauce, frozen, 375g pack 2½ 2½ 14
Beef Sirloin Joint, Easy Carve, Basted, 700g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free 6½
Beefburgers, 10/20 pack, frozen, 57g each 3½ 3½ 8
Chargrilled Sliced Chicken Breast, 380g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free 5½
Sliced Beef in Gravy, frozen, 200g pack Free Free 8½
Sliced Beef in Gravy, twin pack, frozen, 210g pack Free Free 10
Sliced Lamb in a Minted Gravy, frozen, 300g pack Free Free 18
Tikka Sliced Chicken Breast, 380g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free 6
Barbecue Chicken Chunks, frozen, 300g pack 2½ 2½ 20½
Basted Chicken Breast Joint, Easy Carve, 1kg pack, frozen, 100g 2½ 2½ 9
Battered Chicken Breast Dippers, 35 pack, frozen, 18g each 1 1 1½
Battered Chicken Breasteaks, 4 pack, frozen, 85g each 5 5 8½
BBQ Chicken Dippers, 30 pack, frozen, 16g each ½ ½ 1½
BBQ Chicken Grills, 6 pack, frozen, 90g each 3 3 7½
Breaded Chicken Burgers, 12 pack, frozen, 55g each 4½ 4½ 6½
Breaded Chicken Nuggets, 40 pack, frozen, 14g each 1 1 1½
Chicken & Pepperoni, frozen, 375g pack 4 4 16½
Chargrilled Sliced Chicken Breast, 380g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free 5½
Chicken Breast Joint with Sage & Onion, Easy Carve, 1kg pack, frozen, 100g 2 2 8
Chicken Breast Joint, Easy Carve, Basted, 1kg pack, frozen, 100g 1½ 1½ 8
Chicken Breasts with a Creamy Garlic Mushroom Sauce topped with Cheddar, twin pack, frozen, 180g each 3 3 12
Chicken Carbonara with Pasta, frozen, 375g pack 4½ 4½ 13½
Chicken Fillets filled with Broccoli & Cheese & Wrapped in Bacon, twin pack, frozen, 150g each 2 2 10½
Chicken Fillets filled with Mushrooms & Herbs & Wrapped in Bacon, twin pack, frozen, 150g each 2½ 2½ 11
Chicken Fillets in Gravy, frozen, 200g pack Free Free 7
Chicken in Red Wine Hotpot, 1kg pack, frozen, 250g serving 4½ 4½ 10
Chicken in Red Wine, Slow Cooked, frozen, 375g pack 1½ 1½ 14½
Chicken Spears, Korma, 30 pack, frozen, 28g each Free Free 2
Chicken Spears, Sweet Chilli/Lime & Orange, 12 pack, frozen, 40g each ½ ½ 2½
Vegetable Balti, frozen, 450g pack 5 16 5
Vegetable Side Dish, Green Vegetable Medley with a Mint Dressing, frozen, 350g pack 3 3½ 3
Vegetable Side Dish, Sweet Crunchy Vegetables, frozen, 320g pack 3 3 3
Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables, 680g pack, frozen, 340g serving 5 5 5
Oriental Vegetable Mix, 907g pack, frozen, 100g Free Free Free
Spicy Vegetable Hotpot, 1kg pack, frozen, 250g serving 2½ 4 2½
Vegetable & Bean Chilli Hotpot, 1kg pack, frozen , 250g serving Free 3 Free
Golden Savoury Rice & Vegetables, 907g pack, excluding oil, frozen, 100g cooked
½ 3 ½
Indian Takeaway Starter Pack, Onion Bhajis, Vegetable Samosas & Mango Chutney Dip, frozen, 18g samosa 2 2 2
Indian Takeaway Starter Pack, Onion Bhajis, Vegetable Samosas & Mango Chutney Dip, frozen, 18g bhaji 2 2 2
Indian Takeaway Starter Pack, Onion Bhajis, Vegetable Samosas & Mango Chutney Dip, frozen, 41g dip 5 5 5

Hope this helps you.

Where abouts in Spain are you ???

Thanks chica - unfortunately no El Campo anywhere near me :cry:

Can anybody help me with Syn Free Yogurt here in Spain please either plain or flavoured. Thanks

Tried to message you Pommette but you have too many private messages in your box. :D

Last edited:
Sorry Mailin - now cleared my inbox.

Mercadona do a several 0% fat varieties either plain or flavoured. The flavoured ones are either normal or with bifidus. The bifidus ones are the equivalent of Activia but about half the price. There is also one called Las Pastelerias that is 0% fat too - but are 1/2 syn each.

Thank you - I was not sure which to buy - I will have to look for Bifidus 0 % - OH bought some bifidus ones the other day from there but noticed they were not 0% when I had eaten 4 of them.:D
Las Pastelerias I have had before and love them but they were free then and a friend here told me we now have to "pay" for them but was not sure how much.
So off to Mercadonna tomorrow then - thanks for your help. Bought some plain very low fat ones from Lidl which I know from UK are free but I do like a bit of fruit in them.

I got fat free Consum ones instead of Bifidus today out of curiosity, blue pots - big mistake!! They're nasty :( down 2kg though which I'm very happy about!

I got fat free Consum ones instead of Bifidus today out of curiosity, blue pots - big mistake!! They're nasty :( down 2kg though which I'm very happy about!

I've never tried the Consum ones as we don't have a shop near us.
Well done on the loss though.

Went home for Christmas and made sure to take my Slimming World pack back to Spain with me :) feeling very optimistic! Trying to use up all I have for now before going and doing the big shop...even if I had a decent loss before my birthday (the 19th - which I'll probably be working for anyway!) I'd be happy....everyone have a good Christmas/Navidad? :)

Iceland do quite a lot of free things, I love the Extra Large Minted Lamb Shanks (from the fridge, not the frozen ones) they are syn free. The frozen ones are 4 1/2 syns

Iceland do quite a lot of free things, I love the Extra Large Minted Lamb Shanks (from the fridge, not the frozen ones) they are syn free. The frozen ones are 4 1/2 syns
Weird - why are the frozen ones different from the chilled ones. The packaging looks identical.

I've gone off the Iceland Lamb Shanks - the last lot I had were very very fatty.
I now buy the Aldi ones instead which I know have syns too - but only 3.5 syns

Nice to see you here Antoin. Are you in Spain?

Hiya. Im new to this forum. Im living on the costa del sol and have just started doing slimming world. Im mostly following the original plan. Have read through this thread, and im mostly confused about yogurts....I bought some 0 percent grasas (cant find the percent symbol on this laptop) from carrefour but not sure if they are actually syn free. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks xx

Back