Spanish Chicken

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by BetseyBoo, 13 May 2014.

1. BetseyBoo

BetseyBoo Well-Known Member

This is my first time posting a recipe and I'm new to SW and I'm doing EE so let me know if I've miscounted any syns

Ingredients -
    1 Onion chopped
    3 Garlic cloves chopped
    300ml Passata
    300ml Coke zero/diet coke
    1 tbsp Tomato puree
    1 tbsp Wourcester Sauce
    1 tbsp Vinegar
    3 tbsp American mustard - 1.5 syns
    1 tsp Sweetner
    Half tbsp Onion powder
    half tsp paprika
    Diced chicken breast
    3 Peppers chopped

To make the sauce -

Spray a saucepan with fry light and fry the onion and garlic until cooked
    add the passata, coke, tomato puree, wourcester sauce, vinegar, mustard, sweetener, paprika and onion powder.
    Bring to boil then simmer for 10-15 mins until it's thickened slightly then blend

While the sauce is cooking, fry the chicken and peppers until cooked then add the sauce, season with salt and pepper. I usually add a tiny bit of hot pepper sauce just for some spice but that's down to you.
    Serve with couscous or rice

I have a 2 year old and he loves this sauce with pasta, I just set his aside after blending and before adding salt and hot pepper sauce :)

This is super easy and really tasty, let me know what you think! I'm having this for my dinner tonight so will add a pic later :D
  2. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

just subscribing, this looks lovely. I'm on a mission to try new things this week :)
  3. BetseyBoo

BetseyBoo Well-Known Member

Thanks! Did you ever try it? let me know what you think :)
  4. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

Sorry just seeing this, yes I did indeed I've actually made it a few times now it's lovely :)