Spanish Inquisition about ketostix

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by magickmel, 27 January 2007 Social URL.

1. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Hi CDers.
    As I will be changing from LL to CD soon I thought I better buy myself some ketostix as I won't be issued with one every week anymore :)

I had read other threads about what price to expect to pay etc and went to Boots yesterday and asked for some............oh boy, I got cross examined !

Are you on one of "those" diets ?
    How much weight have you lost ?
    When did you start ?
    Does your doctor know ?

On and on it went. Having managed to convince the inquisitor that I was genuine I was pleased that they were £5.30 - seemed reasonable.

But do I have to go through this every time ?:eek:

I mean if I looked anorexic I could see why she might have been suspicious but with over 3 stone to go, no way !:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    You can buy on line Avidlite Ketone Test Strips

I find it strange as they do have a lot of similar diet products on their shelf which testify to being low calorie.:confused:

You can buy them in other chemists as well.

Love Mini xxx

4. smoorecats

smoorecats Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi,
    I know it's a bit naughty but after being cross examined myself, when they ask I say no I'm getting them for my dad as he is diabetic!
    Which he is but I'm not strictly buying them for him!
    Sally

5. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Thanks, I am (or should I say was - BG around 4.5 every morning :p :D ) diabetic. Someone suggested before that diabetics should get them on prescription but I could never work that out as I have never been prescribed them, can't see why I would ? Maybe its something type 1 diabetics have ? Anyway its a good tactic !

Otherwise if I get the hassle nextime I think it might be more comfortable to buy online :eek: Thanks for the link Mini !

6. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Your CDC may well stock them too Mel as they are available for Counsellors to buy from Cambridge and he/she won't give you the Spanish Inquisition:p

7. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I thought that I might get questioned on them when I bought them from Boots but they never said anything to me. it's none of their business. But if they do ask if my doc knows I will just say yes and he's happy with me losing weight. But I haven't seen my doc! lol!!

I suppose they're just doing their job, but I can't see why they have to ask.

8. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    Boots do tend to quiz me when i buy them from there. I was told to stop CD as soon as the sticks turned ANY of the pink colours.....so i just said yeah ok..agreed to whatever and she grudgingly sold me them! i just buy them off ebay now. you can get them fairly cheap on there.

Last edited: 27 January 2007
  9. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    It sounds as of Boots staff have been trained to quiz ketostix buyers but that they aren't really sure of their facts or what advice to issue ! Never mind we can humour them or buy on-line !

10. VirgoGirl

VirgoGirl Full Member

I had to hunt high and low for the blinking things, tried six branches of Boots before I got any.
    Wasn't asked any questions, although I thought I might have been. Will just say my GP recommended I get them or am diabetic should I be given third degree next time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.