Red Day Spare ribs

newbie09

I've just bought some spare ribs but no idea what sauce to do with them!

i love chinese salt and pepper or salt and chilli ribs or chinese bbq ribs!

Are there any syn free sauces/marinades i can do with them for tonight please?

I am not too keen on that free barbecue sauce, I find it a bit too tangy.

I would do an asian barbecue sauce.

Just mix together some hoisin sauce (synned), soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and chinese five spice and a bit of honey (synned) and pour over the ribs. Cover them over with some foil and bake in the oven, remove the foil for the last 10-20 mins so they go nice and sticky.

I fancy that myself now lol. I might have to buy some ribs.

I am not too keen on that free barbecue sauce, I find it a bit too tangy.

I would do an asian barbecue sauce.

Just mix together some hoisin sauce (synned), soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and chinese five spice and a bit of honey (synned) and pour over the ribs. Cover them over with some foil and bake in the oven, remove the foil for the last 10-20 mins so they go nice and sticky.

I fancy that myself now lol. I might have to buy some ribs.

Are they all just equal parts to a pourable but thick enough to stick consistency?

Are spare ribs free?? If you buy them say from the butchers then?? Because they are DEFINITELY something I could get into!! xxx

Basic/Non Branded Foods Pork, Pork, spare ribs, meat & fat, plain, grilled average portion

extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns
green.gif
Green 9 Syns

good point!! Meat and fat they aren't but with the fat trimmed they are! Is there enough meat on ribs to trim the fat???

stupid question but how do i tell which bits are the fat?? are they the white bits on there?

How about if you grill them enough so the fat doesnt stay in?

Are they all just equal parts to a pourable but thick enough to stick consistency?

1 tablespoon of each, except for the following:

1 teaspoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of chinese five spice
3 tablespoons of soy sauce

It will be quite a liquidy marinade before the cooking process, but as it starts to reduce on the meat, it will thicken. IT IS DELICIOUS!!

1 tablespoon of each, except for the following:

1 teaspoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of chinese five spice
3 tablespoons of soy sauce

It will be quite a liquidy marinade before the cooking process, but as it starts to reduce on the meat, it will thicken. IT IS DELICIOUS!!

Thank you!! Where is the link to your recipes gone from your signature? I forgot it again lol

stupid question but how do i tell which bits are the fat?? are they the white bits on there?

How about if you grill them enough so the fat doesnt stay in?

Its quite hard to trim fat from spare ribs as its normally in between layers of meat if that makes sense a little like belly pork. :(

It's livinglifetheextraeasyway.wordpress.com ! OMG sorry BMIC, I'm acting like I'm your secretary/communications officer or something!! LOL! X

Back