Sparkes food diary

Week 8, day 1:

Lost 1.2lbs this week, total weight loss so far is 1st 3.2lbs! I've now lost over 10% of my starting weight!

Day at a beach hut today, so will track what I ate hopefully later!

Update:

Breakfast:
Bacon & egg buttie with buttered bun

Lunch:
Burger with low fat cheese slice and tomato sauce in plain bun, Cumberland sausage with mayo in plain bun, tray of chips and gravy

Tea:
1/3 special chow mein, 1/3 special fried rice, few chips and Chinese curry sauce

Snacks throughout day:
2 long strawberry laces, 10 large strawberry jelly sweets, 8 rich tea biscuits
3 cans of lager

Yikes, not working the Syns out! Left some of the Chinese food too!

Now to behave until my hols!

Last edited:
I agree with Shaz, you can definitely see the difference between your two pictures :D

Well done on another great loss this morning!! And for hitting that 10% award - that's fantastic. I bet you feel so much better for it too! Here's to another great week ahead x

Princess_Stevie said:
I agree with Shaz, you can definitely see the difference between your two pictures :D

Well done on another great loss this morning!! And for hitting that 10% award - that's fantastic. I bet you feel so much better for it too! Here's to another great week ahead x

Thank you hun! Will post another when I've lost another stone!

Week 8, day 2:

Swimming & cycling today:
Swim: 22 lengths (550m) front crawl so not a relaxing swim!
Cycle: 2 x 2.5 mile bike rides (20 min stop at destination)

Breakfast:
Shreddies & skimmed milk (HEA & HEB)
Banana

Lunch:
Ham, corn on the cob, and salad with ff Italian dressing
Strawberries

Tea:
Frankie & Benny's (yikes, that's shopping in the metrocentre for you)
Louisiana hot wings starter, main of Philly chicken & bacon wrap with fries
More alcohol than I'd care to think about!

Weekly Syns total so far:
0 Syns

Last edited:
Week 8, day 3:

2 x 2.5 mile bike rides

Breakfast:
Banana

Lunch:
Ham and turkey slices, pineapple, melon, blueberries & blackberries

Tea:
Ok ok, I went off the rails again and had chip shop!

Weekly Syns total so far:
0 Syns (that I'm counting after the last two days!)

Last edited:
Went off the rails for the past 3 days! Back on track from this morning, been out for my very long run, speed and superspeed foods will be the focus of the rest of the week with zero Syns until the week begins again on Thursday!
Thursday is my last weigh in before my hols so best stick to plan 100%!

Week 8, day 4:

10 mile run this morning

Breakfast:
Fruit salad made with melon, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries

Snack:
2 x apple & sultana alpen light bars (HEB)

Lunch:
Pasta with ham, Kerry low low cheese spread (HEA), and mushrooms

Snack:
Cherries

Tea:
Turkey & veg stir fry

Last edited:
Week 8, day 5:

5 mile run this afternoon

375ml skimmed milk in cuppas (HEA)

Breakfast:
Pineapple, apple, blueberries, blackberries & raspberries

Lunch:
Prawn salad with 1tbsp thousand island dressing (2.5 Syns), one wm roll (HEB) with 10g butter (3.5 Syns)

Tea:
Poached eggs, tinned tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, lean bacon & 2 sainsburys be good to yourself Cumberland sausages (1 syn)

Syns today:
7 syns

Last edited:
Holiday countdown has begun! 6 sleeps to go!
Had my hair done on Saturday, shellac mani-pedi today, beauty salon tomorrow (I'm going to be yelling at all that wax lol)!
Packed most of our stuff yesterday so getting the last few bits and bobs today!

Just wanted to say that I stumbled across your food diary and it really inspired me to give SW another go - properly this time! You have done so well, and I like the fact you are incorporating lots of exercise into your plan. Well done, hope you have a fantastic holiday.

GlamUp said:
Just wanted to say that I stumbled across your food diary and it really inspired me to give SW another go - properly this time! You have done so well, and I like the fact you are incorporating lots of exercise into your plan. Well done, hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Aw thank you! I think I'm just feeling really motivated at the moment! The running is training for the Great North Run in September but I'm loving the impact it's having on my weight and shape!

So excited for holidays now! Got my nails done this morning, so I have sparkly French manicure & pedicure!
This time next week I shall be enjoying a sparkly alcoholic drink and watching my kids dance at the evening disco!

Week 8, day 6:

375ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day (HEA)

Breakfast:
Melon, blueberries & blackberries

Snack:
2 x alpen light bars (HEB)

Lunch:
Chicken drumsticks (no skin), chilli chicken supernoodles and mushroom medley

Snack:
Ff activia strawberry yoghurt

Tea:
Mixed mushroom omelette

Snack:
Cherries & nectarines

Last edited:
Slinkydawg said:
I cant believe ive never come accross your diary before. Youve done so well and your pictures are incredible. Keep it up, but make sure you enjoy your holiday. Ill be subscribing to your diary for ideas, well done. x

Thank you so much, it's so nice when people comment on these diaries, I love this site!

Week 8, day 7:

5 mile run this morning

375ml skimmed milk in cuppas & in cereal for lunch (HEA)

Breakfast:
Melon medley

Lunch:

Snack:
Nectarine

Tea:
Ham & boiled egg salad with tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce & sweetcorn, mixed pickles
Strawberries

Last edited:
Well I lost 1.2lbs this week, taking me to 10st 5.8lbs, a total loss of 1st 4.4lbs in 8 weeks!
It's bad as I'm a bit disappointed as wanted to hit 10st 5lbs exactly but I only have myself to blame after 3 days off track at the start of the week.
I have 3 days til I go in holiday but I also have a Chinese meal out with friends on Friday so I'll prob not hit that before I go.
This makes me even more worried about weight gain on holiday!

Well yesterday was bad, with macdonalds for lunch and a few cans of lager in the garden last night!
I'm off out tonight for a Chinese meal for a friends birthday!
It's also mine and hubby's 10th wedding anniversary, we've also been together 16 years exactly today!
I'll be out for a run later, swimming this morning!
Tomorrow I'll be on plan all day, on Sunday I'll be on plan till I get to the airport, and then hols begin!
Im going to be too busy with last minute prep to come online til after my hols, so farewell and lets hope the scales aren't too cruel on my return!

Back