Sparkling Water

MandyLupton

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if drinking sparkling water slows your weightloss down?.
I've just been surfing the other vlcd forums and found a thread where they said it could!!.
I'm sure LLC said you could drink as much of it as you wanted :confused:
I drink at least a litre of it a day!!:eek:

I always thought you could have however much you wanted?

same here, but on one of the other threads they said 'limit it cause it will slow your loss down'
I thought it was just water with bubbles in it lol............I don't 'alf sound blonde!! sorry

I drank a bit of it a few weeks back, didn't seem to affect me! Perhaps it's more that it could cause your weight to come back later on because you get used to fizzy drinks, go back to cola and lemonade and fanta (i miss fanta :cry:) and thus go back to bad habits!? I dunno really, just a guess!

B x

I thought they were having a laugh :8855:but when i sat here thinking......I'm not sure. You could be right B. I might email LL if I dare, it really does sound like a dozy question!! :confused:

i drink sparkling water and quite a bit of it, and have lost 25lbs since 7th October, so personally not doing me any harm and sometimes it makes a change from boring old still water!!

Thats why I drink it Malteaser just for variation. I find it quite refreshing especially when your in ketosis, as my mouth is..............excuse the expression.......'a little gooey'.......sorry for that.

Thats why I drink it Malteaser just for variation. I find it quite refreshing especially when your in ketosis, as my mouth is..............excuse the expression.......'a little gooey'.......sorry for that.

I always know that I haven't drank enough when my mouth is a "little gooey"! Oh I like that Mandy, I shall be using it a lot from now on!!

:8855:

B x

Hahaha - no, I don't think you are being a div - there are conflicting things all over the place. My advice would be to stick to what's outlined in the front of the foundation workbook - and that lists sparkling water as ok... I don't know of anyone that has slowed down because of it, so panic not. And if you like it, you should drink it and think yourself lucky you've got more variety :)
Me xx

I drink fizzy water all the time - at least 2 to 3 litres a day and it hasn't affected my weight. Go ahead and have it if you enjoy it :D

I think it's fine. A girl in my class says that's all she drinks and loses loads each week. I've drunk it when out a few times and it's not affected my weight loss at all.

It was actually nice to drink when out (as I would never have given it a thought previously) as I classed it as having a different drink. Of course I only had ice with it and no lemon!

Thanks everyone,

Sounded a bit of a daft question but one of the other boards said not to drink it!!!!
I shall carry on and enjoy then!

Back