sparklyfionas journey 2009

Aw hun, I hope things get better soon. When I get like this, I don't try to stop the snacking, I just make sure I clear the house of goodies and prepare lots of healthy snacks that are still really "want-able" but are on hand and easy to grab - lots of yogurts in the fridge, muller lights in the freezer (just like ice-cream!) lots of WW treats (they do chocolate brownies and cup cakes! and even do crisps!) WW deserts are gorgeous too!!

Make sure you have bowls of fruit out, cut up strawberries, kiwis, grapes etc.... and just snack on that!!

yummy!! xx

Hey Fiona,

Just read your story, your doing great so keep up the good work, dont let your blip turn into my 6 weeks of madness! I look forward to reading more from you

Niki x

hey fiona!

have u tried brushing your teeth? ive heard people do this! ive never done it my self tho but who wants to eat a pack of crisps or a bar of choccie after all that toothpaste has been in your mouth!

Are u eating enough for your meals? If i dont eat enough i turn into a snack a jack! There is a thread on here abut emotional hunger i'll try and find it out. Its quite lengthy ( hey u wont snack while reading it!!!) but after id read it every time i went to fridge i asked my self do i really want this biscuit/crisps/choccie bar etc and most of the time i really didnt!

any ways off to find the link to that thread

ta ta

that was quick found it straigt away

http://www.minimins.com/strugglers-restarters/23697-interesting-article-emotional-eating.html

Last edited:
thanks for all the help girls, am off to read that tread but in the meantime i have stocked up on snacks that are good for me :) lets hope i get a lose after all this resisting this week!!!

I have heard of the toothbrush thing, and I admit to having tried it, my teeth went sparkly white ;)

Basically when I felt hungry I would do something to one, distract myself and two, put me of the idea of eating at that time...unless it was a specific meal time

Water can be good too, drink a pint of water and sit for a while to see if it suppresses your appetite as alot of time, hunger can be de-hydration

hey fiona!! did u read it?

xxx

yea it was really intresting, I think its bordom that makes me eat :( hense the reason i spend lots of time in my craft cupboard hehe, i have lots of stitching and xmas gifts to get started on so i really should leave the lappy alone a bit more :) the prob at the mo is that i have DD1 birhtday pressie hidden in there and its taken over my desk!!
on the diet side i have had blotted crampy feelings for the last day or so, so am getting a bit fed up with the tabs mucking about with my cycle, but food wise i was really good today DH and girls stopped at a burger van for hotdogs and i resisted!! i came home for special k instead!! also I put on my size 16 cropped jeans today and they did up without breathing in and no spare tyer!! they were clean on too so really happy with that, on the down side i gave in and bought some scales the other day because i am getting fed up with the wii (im sure its broke:() and also i am fed up of swapping the games from wii fit to weight and my fittness coach to do some exercise, i know lazy and a bad excuse but there you go, but i promise not to be on them all the time:)
on the exercise topic i really need to get back in the swing of things the girls going back to school has really thrown me, i either need to get up early and do some before we get washed and dressed in the morn or get on with the wii when ive done the school run??
well tomorow is a new week so a new exercise begining will let you know how i get onxx

hi all. still doing pants on the exercise front but DD2 goes back to playschool on wed so we might finally get back on track
good news on the uni front though occ health have passed me fit to go back to placement and i have booked in to do my updates for manual handeling and resus so 1 step closer to getting finished, tomorow is results day where the board decide if i can carry on or if ive blown it with the time ive had off sick with my hips in the last 3 years, i cant see them kicking me off but you knever know, so have to wait for the posty on wed to find out my fate, now i need the uni to get there bums in action and get the cbr forms to me as i cnat go back till i get cleared, been waiting weeks for them but still nothing*grrr* well at least its a few more weeks off i guess!!, now just the endless forms to get my bursery extended to do :( still the sooner i get them done the sooner i can get some cash!!

right thats about it i guess
speak soonxx

hey fiona! glad your on the mend!!

what did they say then?

luv katie

hi fiona :)

hope things went well on wednesday! xx

hi all, well its official I have academicly finished uni!! so i am all clear to finish my diploma *yippiee* now comes the hard bit of finishing up my hours all 840.5 of them!! still baby steps and i will get there!
Daisy went to playschool fantasticly, no worries with her there then. damn that girl gets smarter every day :)
its doc's WI tomorow so we will see if i have hit my sept target or not? not sure to be honest ive had some side effects over the last few weeks, that ive not nailed down 100% yet? im thinking its the fairy cakes that i make for the girls as i keep sneaknig those:( oh well serves me right really, im struggeling with the exercise at the mo so thats bound to have an effect on the weight loss, so as long as i lose enough to get another script ill be happy but 7lb or more would be fantastic
I have mesured recently and am loseing inches but still not gone down a dress size which is my dream goal at the mo
anyhow gotta go my bed is callingxx

hey hun well done on finishing!

im sure u will have done ok hun! we all have bad months an u have had a lot on with uni!

glad daisy enjoyed nursery!

keep your chin up!

luv katie

ps oooooooooooooooooooh fairy cakes yummmmy

Hi Fiona,

I am the same height as you and started of the same weight too. And Im not too far behind you now. So I could be your body double!!

Good luck with your weight loss hun x

hi all, well the WI at the doc didnt go well according to her ive stayed the same this month so boohoo im not too happy :( but still on to a new month now so a fresh start

on the good news front my friend has asked me to be her bridesmaid!!! so next sept i need to stick to this diet like glue now, i refuse to be the fat bird at the wedding!!
so back to being very good and hopeing to say goodbye to the side effects at last (yes i know they are all my own fault but it dosnt make it any easier)
fionaxx

hi all, well the WI at the doc didnt go well according to her ive stayed the same this month so boohoo im not too happy :( but still on to a new month now so a fresh start

on the good news front my friend has asked me to be her bridesmaid!!! so next sept i need to stick to this diet like glue now, i refuse to be the fat bird at the wedding!!
so back to being very good and hopeing to say goodbye to the side effects at last (yes i know they are all my own fault but it dosnt make it any easier)
fionaxx

oh well! never mind! just learn from it and move on!

Oooh a bridesmaid! Sounds amazing! You HAVE to stick to it now hehehe

ood luck on your new month

love katie

Ps...i even put on one month eeeek!:break_diet:

hey fiona

how u finding things? not spoken to u in ages

xxxxxxx

Back