Special K

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kangy, 24 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Kangy

Kangy Full Member

Hi all - I've just been to my first SW meeting and have teh standard book. I can't see Special K or Weetabix as a healthy extra breakfast option, can anyone tell me if they are counted as healthy extra and if so what the amount I am allowed is??

Thanks!

K xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. J.K.

J.K. Member

having a look

:) hi there,
    just had a look in my book for you and they are not down as a healthy extra, sorry:(
    Special k is 5 sins on both green and red, for 28g
    weetabia is 3.5 again on both days.
    I would have a look at the cereal on healthy extra and see if you like any on there and save your sins.
    I have my 1st wd on monday, i've been good in fact really good:D had no sins and been to the gym twice as well as swimming, so if i don't have a loss of 4-5 ibs i'll be really pi**ed off.:cry:
    Good look finding a ceral
    joyce x

4. Kangy

Kangy Full Member

Thanks Joyce - I didn't think I'd seen them there.

Weetabix used to be a healthy option - I don't understand why it's not anymore. Ah well I'm sure there'll be something I like!!

K xx

5. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

Are you sure its not a healthy extra (weetabix) it used to be in the grab and go bit in the book, i haven't got one handy but ishall have a peek later. Special K is not a healthy extra because it dosen't have enopugh fibre in it, same as corn flakes rice krispies etc etc

Hope this helps

6. carly1309

carly1309 Full Member

Diet:
    Celebrity Slim
    J.K its not always sensible not to use sins a couple people last week at my meeting had done the same as you one had lost 1/2 lb and the other 2lbs (first wk I think.) The consultant said not using the sins was prob the reason:cry:

But you never know? I don't use daily sins I save up for week and have a night off with a carry out and a wee tipple lol :queen:

Let us know how it goes with you xxxxx

7. fiona78

fiona78 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.88%)
    Hi,

You can have 2 Weetabix as a healthy B, or 1 Weetabix and 4 oat or scan bran, or 1 Weetabix and 3 Ryvita High Fibre Crackerbread.

You can check all the Healthy Extras online, the list there is more up-to-date than your book will be!

8. Wishfairies

Wishfairies Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just checked online too and weetabix is definately listed. You can have 2 weetabix for 1 healthy option.

I still have special k as a substitute and I am still losing weight.

9. WellManicuredWoman

WellManicuredWoman Member

Diet:
    Slimming Worl
    Hi, it took me ages to find whetabix too!! 2 wheetabix are a health b option on green.They are on page 43 in the bit about Grab and Go cerials.

Not sure about specal k though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.