Special offer on **FOOD MENTIONED** in Morrisons

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Tofu is down to £0.54p per pack in Morrisons.

Just in case anyones interested, I lifted about 8 packs when in earlier, and it will last until August judging the BB date.

Its lower in carbs than Quorn and you get 250g on SS+ (a whole pack) and 400g on 810, so worth stocking up if you like it, and for £0.54p worth a try if its new.

Sponge.

It absorbs flavour really well, but on its own it has really little if any flavour. Very clean and fresh tasting.

Give it a go for 54p.

Glad you asked that Julie. I have often wondered what it is. So, Lexie what exactly do you do with it? What kind of food can you make with it? I don't mind what I pay as long as I enjoy something so may give it a shot.

I jmust admit i have a vegetarian in my house and i always give her quorn,.. I have never known what to do with Tofu...
AM not even sure if I have seen quorn as i think I did but it looked like clay??
Lexie, would be great if you could give us some ideas of what to do with it.

x

Yeah Lexie, any ideas for recipes with Tofu, I'd love to get it but haven't a clue what to do with it (I'm not very imaginative with food)

I have loads of tofu recipes. LOADS I tell you.

I'll try and get some up on the 810 thread later and post a link in this thread. Just to keep it tidy.

Brilliant, thanks Lexie

Yes thx Lexie....
I like quorn but it would be nice to try something else.. especially for when I come off CD too. It will be nice to make family meals without having to worry about making an extra veggy one, as none of us are fussed on meat anyway!
x

Could you dry fry it? If so cubes of tofu dry fried until brown and a bit crispy then drenched in sauce made of soy, chilli flakes, garlic and ginger. yum. Shamelessly pinched from wagamama....

Could you dry fry it? If so cubes of tofu dry fried until brown and a bit crispy then drenched in sauce made of soy, chilli flakes, garlic and ginger. yum. Shamelessly pinched from wagamama....

I dry fry it, but soy sauce is too salty to use on CD, and I think there was a bit of consternation about garlic being too carby.

I tend to get very creative with curry spices.

Back