August Money Challenge

Hmmmmmm, I told OH to buy the paper, he remembered to buy a washing line & even went to post office to post a card for me, but no paper, he forgot!!!!!

There`s a lot of truth in the saying "If you want something done properly, then do it yourself"

Well, that`s according to my mum & nan!! :)

Thanks for that!!

Another trip on the bus coming up.
Beginning to wonder if Morrisons are not doing very well which is why they`re printing vouchers.

Thanks for that!!

Beginning to wonder if Morrisons are not doing very well which is why they`re printing vouchers.

Apparently all the larger supermarkets aren't doing as well and low cost supermarkets are doing better, so perhaps Morrisons are looking at other marketing tools to use instead of bogof's etc. It gets people in the store who will buy other goods.

Apparently all the larger supermarkets aren't doing as well and low cost supermarkets are doing better, so perhaps Morrisons are looking at other marketing tools to use instead of bogof's etc. It gets people in the store who will buy other goods.

Thanks for that!!

We would often have leaflets from Morrisons with money off vouchers in so I suppose this is a way of hitting another target audience.

Yeah there is supposed to be big division between the majors and the low costs and I kind of think of Morrisons as somewhere inbetween lol so they are probably tryin/needing to get noticed!

I was wondering if it was worth shopping elsewhere to save money, I've collected the Summer Bonus vouchers morrisons are doing, but last night I spent £74 which is a lot for just me & OH, I can't see that I overspent on anything really, no big items, other than OH's cereal bars he takes to work were £1.89 & I bought 3:eek: I told him he wasn't having them again unless they were on offer!!!

You eating best steak every night? :)

I shop mainly in Aldi. Picking up what Aldi don`t stock in Asda.

Only going to Morrisons when they have vouchers in the sun.
I find Tesco and Sainsburys too expensive

You eating best steak every night? :)

I shop mainly in Aldi. Picking up what Aldi don`t stock in Asda.

Only going to Morrisons when they have vouchers in the sun.
I find Tesco and Sainsburys too expensive

Flippin looks like it but no, I've not checked my receipt yet to find out what I spent my money on, I didn't buy toiletries & spent £10 on wine but still it's a lot of money for 2. I also generally shop at Aldi & Lidl stocking up in Sainsburys (not too keen though) or Asda.

Well done emsie. My month has been destroyed with unnecessary overspending but I am about to put about 50 things on eBay to try and get some money back in the bank!

Just seen on the news that banks are changing how they charge for overdrafts.
Think it`s gonna the simplified.

Personally, a few years ago I changed bank to one where I can`t have an overdraft.
It had got out of hand.

I then arranged with the original bank to pay them back by monthly instalments.
The account was then closed when I`d made the final payment.

Sounds a bit drastic, but my overdraft was over £1,000 so something had to be done.

Since then, my finances have been on a much more eve keel. I don`t even miss my overdraft!!

Well done emsie. My month has been destroyed with unnecessary overspending but I am about to put about 50 things on eBay to try and get some money back in the bank!
Hope you make some money!

Just seen on the news that banks are changing how they charge for overdrafts.
Think it`s gonna the simplified.

Personally, a few years ago I changed bank to one where I can`t have an overdraft.
It had got out of hand.

I then arranged with the original bank to pay them back by monthly instalments.
The account was then closed when I`d made the final payment.

Sounds a bit drastic, but my overdraft was over £1,000 so something had to be done.

Since then, my finances have been on a much more eve keel. I don`t even miss my overdraft!!

We got into a big overdraft and lived in it for years until managed to get some money to put in and sort it this year and thats why am trying really hard not to get in it again. Its far too easy. In fact your post has made me think of reducing it a bit at least x

we had done really well and paid off a third of our overdraft but since we got engaged we have had several celebrations etc and now we are back to square one! We have managed to get the credit card spending under control and now only use that for emergencies. We have paid off our big one and are paying back the small ones slowly but surely (luckily they are interest free - one of them til next year and one til 2016). We also have managed to start off some savings for our wedding which is going to cost a lot obviously but the overdraft is one thing i would like to tackle and get paid off.

Well, I went to the newsagent to get a paper. Expecting to get a voucher for Morrisons.
But there was nothing!!

Only a £3 voucher for Poundland :cry:

Back