August Money Challenge

When my FiL died he left OH some money & we both paid off our credit cards which meant the overdraft I'd use towards the end of each month was paid off. But this year I thought it would be a good idea if instead of taking money from my savings I'd pay for holidays out of every day spends, erm, nope doesn't work, so this month will be the last month I'll go into my o/d. I don't have any holiday stuff to pay for until next year I'm keeping an eye out for cheap flights to Florida but there's no rush with that.

Anyhow, back to Morrisons voucher, poo, that would have come in handy.

I think I've done quite well this month for not over spending, I've bought a few stocking fillers for my two, oh actually I bought a map which wasn't really necessary but that's it. I'm going to be frugal again in September & try & put some money into my savings pot. We're on hols end Sept so perhaps I could put some money away that I won't be using on petrol and perhaps some that would be used on food shopping ;)

My last week was last week lol

I overspent at weekend as we were away and bought drinks in the hotel rather than taking our own but am trying to be good now. I am noting everything I buy on the spreadsheet rather than just going in every now and then and adjusting balance. Its surprising how little things add up and I want hubby to see it too.

Hope those in the last week of the month do well!!

I'm still going to go o/d but less than last month & buy the end of Sept I'll have caught up. It was my dad's birthday meal Saturday & expected to spend about £150 & it was £115 so that's better than I thought.

I'm off to Aldi today to buy fruit only, and I've got my Morrisons £15 bonus voucher which I hoping I can manage until payday on Friday to use, the £15 saving will go in the holiday tin.

I'm going to try & be frugal in Sept, I could have done better this month for example I needed a new bra for the top I was wearing Saturday & bought one from M&S I'm sure I could have picked up what I wanted cheaper elsewhere had I shopped around. I going to 'think before I buy' more this week & in Sept.

I'm really annoyed with hubby. Been trying to budget better as you know and as have tried to tell him! Just woke up to a text saying he's gone with son to try and get haircuts and some running shoes for son. He has no idea what money is or isn't available and has just gone off and done this!

I don't want to fall out over money especially as he is the main earner but think this goes to show how lax things have got over last few months! I'm not impressed!

hmmmm that's why I'm glad me & OH have our own bank accounts & a joint one for bills.

I've just come back from Lidl & stopped myself buying lots of yummy foods some SW friendly but I did especially well not to pick up the coconut ice cream, yikes I can't believe it's still in the shop:cry:

I've also decided that the savings I'd normally put away for hols will be less this month that way I can pay off my o/d and start September off with a good start.

It's flippin hard being frugal, I'm not too sure I like it, in fact I don't!!!

I have to treat OH like a child and tell him we have less money than we really have. Otherwise he'd spend every last penny.

We have a bills account only in my name. He no longer has a bank account, his money goes into my account. He's caused no end of problems in the past which I only got sorted out this year.

I give him a weekly allowance, extra if there's a birthday etc coming up.
Sounds harsh but I got fed up owing money and lurching from one financial crisis to another.

hmmmm that's why I'm glad me & OH have our own bank accounts & a joint one for bills.

I've just come back from Lidl & stopped myself buying lots of yummy foods some SW friendly but I did especially well not to pick up the coconut ice cream, yikes I can't believe it's still in the shop:cry:

I've also decided that the savings I'd normally put away for hols will be less this month that way I can pay off my o/d and start September off with a good start.

It's flippin hard being frugal, I'm not too sure I like it, in fact I don't!!!

Probably wouldn't be worth mine being paid into my own account lol

Most of our money goes on bills anyway.

It is hard but if we do it and save up for something better it will be worth it x

I have to treat OH like a child and tell him we have less money than we really have. Otherwise he'd spend every last penny.

We have a bills account only in my name. He no longer has a bank account, his money goes into my account. He's caused no end of problems in the past which I only got sorted out this year.

I give him a weekly allowance, extra if there's a birthday etc coming up.
Sounds harsh but I got fed up owing money and lurching from one financial crisis to another.

Sounds necessary x

Back