Speed soup - does it really work?

Apparently it takes ten days for excess Cals to become fat so it may take some time you've not even done a full week yet!

That's interesting Shirleen, my consultant says its 48 hours, therefore if you're going to binge, 2 days before weigh in is the worst day!
Strange how different people think different things!!

Debsie_websie said:
That's interesting Shirleen, my consultant says its 48 hours, therefore if you're going to binge, 2 days before weigh in is the worst day!

I didn't this a few weeks ago..,

I got myself in a bit of a tiz two days before weigh in and ate everything in site and I mean everything! It ran over into the the second day two and the result at WI was 5.5lbs on! It's taken me 3 weeks to lose it... I will learn not to emotionally eat at some point in my life!

I think the 48 hour thing may apply to water retention Debsie.

It was a nutritionist who said it was 10 days, of course if you binge on excess food it would take 48 hours to eliminate the waste but your body takes 10 days to make fat. So a binge and immediate gain isnt necessarily fat, which is why lots of people gain loads and lose it the next week, it's also why really we should only weigh ourselves monthly but SW have to make money and a weekly weigh keeps you accountable IYSWIM?

my consultant has only just told our group that you can start the week with 105 syns and count down, before now she would advise against it.
as for the soup a lady in my group has been having it for 2 weeks and has only lost 1.5lbs in two weeks. she said that she is really windy, but my way of thinking is that she obviously cannot break the beans down easily. my consultant eats 3 bananas a day and looses weight easily, i have about 3 a week any more then i dont loose.

my consultant has only just told our group that you can start the week with 105 syns and count down, before now she would advise against it.
as for the soup a lady in my group has been having it for 2 weeks and has only lost 1.5lbs in two weeks. she said that she is really windy, but my way of thinking is that she obviously cannot break the beans down easily. my consultant eats 3 bananas a day and looses weight easily, i have about 3 a week any more then i dont loose.

That's interesting about the bananas. I think I heard that grapes can do the same thing to some people.
Well, weigh-in is tonight and I sneakily weighed myself this morning and there is no weight loss. :cry: I think that my scales are accurate as I weighed myself as soon as I got back from weigh-in last time and they were both the same.
I will definitely try the fish week next week and see. I'm not giving up yet as, although I haven't lost the weight, I feel so much better for eating healthily.

I agree with Shirleen it takes 7-10 days (I have tried it myself many times). However, each body is different.

Well there you go! My C claims the 48hour fat thing every week!

Each body is different. However,you can experiement and see how your body reacts.

From my own experience, I put on the weight when I indulge but if I am extremely good for the rest of the week no gain occurs.

hi, I was really good on my first week and only lost 0.5 a pound too! had my second weigh in last night after a not so good week but had managed to lose 3.5 pound! My C said that some peoples bodies can work a week behind so if you have a good week you may not see the results until a week later (the same applies for a bad week too!)

hey all, cud sumone please put the speedy soup recipe up her, i cant seem to find it and wud love to give it ago. thxs :) xxx

I am just making this now as I seem to have gained a 1lb this week having done nothing different other than practically zero exercise , is it actually a soup recipe or a recipe for fuelling yourself with enough gas to run a power station for a week ????
I shall be interested to see if I have any friends or indeed a roof left on my house after this !!
No naked flames please !!!!

I've worked out how this works !!
You eat so much of it that no one wants to be near you so everyone is far away and you look smaller , yay !! Result !!

Hahahhahahaha, you could be on to something there!

it dont help me, i love to make soup always got a pan full cookimg, favorite is veg soup with a savoy chopped up in it,

I kinda presumed it worked because its full of super free foods. I would always have a bowl of this soup before eating my dinner so I suppose I was less hungry and therefore wasn't eating as many non super free foods. I love soup, it's brilliant at lunch time when your starving and once you have made up a big pot of it it's really quick and easy to heat up when you get the munchies!

kittykat8 said:
where can I find the slimming speedy soup

thanks

marion

Well you can find a massive jug if it in my fridge as it really didn't do it for me !! It was too thick & pasty , I have added more stick to thin it but I think it had too many pulses in it for me !!
Just put the recipe in the search bar in the recipe section and it will pop up !! If not holler and I will try to find it for you .

Back