Speeding up the process?

Squidgy

Hi Guys,

I've got a question. Forgive me of it one you've heard before.... My CDC can't get out the door quick enough.

I've been doing SS for 5 weeks now. After a blip my weight loss has been 3 or 4lb a week. Truthfully I'm a bit disappointed. It's so hard to stick to the diet, I was hoping for better results! I'm trying not to give up and go to WW, again!!

Is this just because i'm not active enough? Is there anything I can do to shift a bit more fat?

Thank for listening
Squidgy:D

You can always try and drink more water!! that always seems to help but in honesty squidgy 3 or 4 lbs is excellent. Think you need to get a little perspective here. You cannot get that consistently from WW.

3 or 4 lbs on this diet is the norm....that totals 1 stone per month.

The reason for this is you are having around-ish 500 cals a day, in order to lose 1lb of fat, you need to burn 3500 calories. we are reducing our intake by about 1500 calories a day, thus totalling a deficit of 10,500 cals a week, which makes you burn about 3 lbs a week. But since we are having slightly under 500 cals you will sometimes get 4lbs.

The science of it means that this is what you should lose assuming you are not retaining water etc and it's daft to expect huge losses all the time, it just isn't possible.

Take a step back and say out loud what you have posted....I am losing 3 or 4 lbs a week (1/4 of a stone) and I am disappointed? 3 or 4 lbs is excellent!!!

In regard to the excercise, it can sometimes aid weightloss, toning and stretching stuff only though please. In the case of me...doing excercise made me retain water and not have any loss, which sucked. So it's up to you!

Best of luck!!

Thanks Nicole, I understand now. I didn't know that a pound of fat is that many calories!!!:eek: crumbs! Thats a lot of biscuits!

I'll be happy with my progress now. I've tortured myself with WW on & off for years. So this is a good weight loss without the blinkin' countin'. 3 stone to go...

Thanks again, a bit of reassurance does wonders. :)

Just realised my post sounds a bit harsh!! sorry!! Just have to keep on truckin' really!! My happy number is 3 so if I get that I'm happy and any more than that is fabby!!!

Have to think BIG picture. not seemingly little (!) losses of 3, or 4 lbs. Plus think about those inches!!!! what about clothes...can you feel it? if I put on 4lbs...I can feel it in my tighter clothes.

Try not rule your life by the scales, they can take over your life and your emotions sometimes.

:D:D:D Smile!! you are doing fab. 3 stone, 3 months, mid Jan you'll be at goal!!

Just realised my post sounds a bit harsh!! sorry!! Just have to keep on truckin' really!! My happy number is 3 so if I get that I'm happy and any more than that is fabby!!!

I thought you'd summed it up really well Nicole!

And Squidgy YOU are doing well :) .... I use to do SW and WW ... and yes I'd have 3 or 4 lb losses - but not every week, so there were lots of weeks where I maintained :mad: or even gained :eek: !!! So all in all I think you are doing really well :D

Back