Spethy's Nibble Avoidance Blog

Hi Borderlass and RaeRae! Hope things have improved a little bit since I last checked in. Well done for admitting naughty steps and for keeping on track! I've been looking forward to checking back and seeing how you've been doing.

So I was naughty yesterday - pizza express (eek). Shared starter and pudding between 3 of us and pizza each but still, little naughty.

Today however I have been angelic!

Breakfast - All bran, milk and fat free yoghurt - didn't turn out as nice as I'd like mind but started the day syn free!

Lunch - Potato salad. As in potato + salad not potato and mayo. Had rocket, cucumber, onion, potato, some blue cheese and balsamic vinegar. Would you look at that, again syn free!!

Dinner - Quorn Chicken nuggets (3 of them that were left in freezer), chips and beans. All nice and syn free!!! (except the nuggets admittedly - 2 syns for the 3 I think)

Snacks - Lollipop x 2. I've realised these are low syn, last forever and stop me eating when I'm bored/procrastinating. I might have to find some sugar free ones to save my teeth. These seem to be about 1 syn each as well - I'm about to go investigate this though. Couple of apples in there as well.

Total approx 6 - I'm over estimating because I haven't double checked. :)

That is that! I'm so proud HOWEVER this is the danger time. It is 6pm, I'm shattered and I need to not raid the cupboards. I have no naughty things in so in theory there isn't anything to nibble on.

Tomorrow is the ultimate test - cake Wednesday in one of my lessons...but today is today and I have done my first day! :D

Borderlass, how many days are in a week?...7 right? Today is one day, you've got another 6 good days ahead of you. Keep your chin up :)

This was some lovely advice - I hope you're taking it yourself! Helped me get back into perspective - just because I didn't start on a Monday, doesn't mean I can't start! I just weigh myself next Tuesday instead... sometimes it is an excuse so thanks for giving me the nudge into not falling behind another week :)

Last edited:
Hi Spethyla, Well done! Isn't it powerful when you feel you've eaten well. I hope you can keep off the evening munchies with free food! I can catch myself eating mindlessly in an evening, so I have learned I must plan for these times. I've been pretty good today too - a banana for breakfast, ham salad for lunch - syn for a spoonful of coleslaw; and some chicken & veggies & potato wedges at tea time. I am allowing myself HEXB bread for a 'fried' egg butty this evening,with loads of salt and pepper, that should/will satisfy me :) . Be strong with cake Wednesday! I'm going for a bubble-bath now to fill a wee while away from the kitchen cupboards of doom ;). x

This was some lovely advice - I hope you're taking it yourself! Helped me get back into perspective - just because I didn't start on a Monday, doesn't mean I can't start! I just weigh myself next Tuesday instead... sometimes it is an excuse so thanks for giving me the nudge into not falling behind another week :)

You're very welcome. Glad it helps xx

Today is short and sweet because it's been awful.

Breakfast - all bran and milk,

lunch - plain pasta, packet of walkers baked.

dinner - omelette and rice.

snacks - cake, crisps (as mentioned) a lollipop and some maltesers. I've also had a hot chocolate, I did actually ask for a tea but my colleague ended up getting 2 hot chocs!

basically meals were good but we had bad job news so stress levels went flying up. I suffer from anxiety and I don't like to make a song and dance about it because it's almost second nature to me now, however I do know when a panic attack and unfortunately chocolate is the best thing to eat after to get sugar levels back up. I'm sleepy as anything now, but I'm ready for tomorrow. Hopefully I've lessened the damage by having good meals around it, I've got a nice salad ready for tomorrow. I will go without syns at all tomorrow to balance out the damage a little!

Awww have a :bighug:hug; anxiety can be really awful and physical. Don't restrict yourself too much today; remember Raes' advice - it's only one day out of seven. If you cut yourself back too hard today then that'll be when the rebellion sets in.... and the spiral out. Today is a new day, and we are all here to learn how to stop food having such power over us and our feelings. Here endeth todays' lecture! :). I used to get awful panics after my first hubby walked out on me and the the then children, house was going to be repossessed and all that horror. Though that was many years ago, until recently I still would get scared at dealing with anything financial, making phone calls... it really impacted on my life, even though I overcame all the challenges successfully! I've been doing EFT with myself learned from a book & the internet and although it looks odd - it has really helped me take the edge off feeling overwhelmed. It's not for everyone of course, but it may help? It hasn't helped me say ''no'' to unplanned food though - last night a colleague brought in strawberry cream tarts for us on nights - lets say there was a lot more cream than strawberry. And I ate mine, not because I wanted it but because she had specially bought it. I didn't want to be rude and reject her kindness I think. But I felt that I would be able to eat that and get straight back on with being a shining slimming-world-er..... no such luck. It must have been the sugar rush but a couple of biscuits and an unwanted cheese sandwich found their way into my body. But I am ok today; using the clean sheet mentality, I am aiming to have a good day but not too restrictive. At least tonight it's a different team I'm working with and they are not as interested in food so I will not have that challenge to deal with! I'm off to have a bowl of veggie soup now, chicken & veg at tea and all my healthy extras and tasty snacks at work!
I hope today you have been less anxious, C x

Sorry to hear about your troubles with anxiety! It's a horrible thing to have especially when it's brought on my something like that. I've always been a natural worrier, it just stepped up a notch as I grew up - now I've just come to accept it and work around it. Anyone who knows about it is briefed on how to fix it which is simply, give me a hug, tell me I'm being an idiot and then make me laugh. I have to do it this way because I'll already have 5 plans going in my head to fix the problem; it's just like my body and mind aren't connected so I get the physical problem but mentally I'm sitting there like "but there's nothing to be panicking about!!!"

anyway thats at by the by. I am actually here to say first of all- I lost 2 pounds this morning (according to the wii fit) or 4 pounds according to the bathrooms scales!!! Hooraaaaay

However, I'm also thinking that this is in the wrong place and I'm going to move to calorie counting. I think I just can't get my head round slimming world at the moment and as a result I'm sabotaging it despite eating normally. Despite not being "on plan" I've lost at least 2 pounds today and I think it's because I've been running around again, eating less but eating decent meals. I think it means I can still enjoy that biscuit at work without feeling incredibly guilty. Or if I forget my lunch I'm not stuck for syns the rest of the day because I had to have a sandwich (even though they're healthy ones).

Im not sure what to do with the diary because I find it helpful to do. I'll either restart or get it moved. Hopefully border lass/Rae Rae I can still keep an eye out and see how you're doing :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles with anxiety! It's a horrible thing to have especially when it's brought on my something like that. I've always been a natural worrier, it just stepped up a notch as I grew up - now I've just come to accept it and work around it. Anyone who knows about it is briefed on how to fix it which is simply, give me a hug, tell me I'm being an idiot and then make me laugh. I have to do it this way because I'll already have 5 plans going in my head to fix the problem; it's just like my body and mind aren't connected so I get the physical problem but mentally I'm sitting there like "but there's nothing to be panicking about!!!"

anyway thats at by the by. I am actually here to say first of all- I lost 2 pounds this morning (according to the wii fit) or 4 pounds according to the bathrooms scales!!! Hooraaaaay

However, I'm also thinking that this is in the wrong place and I'm going to move to calorie counting. I think I just can't get my head round slimming world at the moment and as a result I'm sabotaging it despite eating normally. Despite not being "on plan" I've lost at least 2 pounds today and I think it's because I've been running around again, eating less but eating decent meals. I think it means I can still enjoy that biscuit at work without feeling incredibly guilty. Or if I forget my lunch I'm not stuck for syns the rest of the day because I had to have a sandwich (even though they're healthy ones).

Im not sure what to do with the diary because I find it helpful to do. I'll either restart or get it moved. Hopefully border lass/Rae Rae I can still keep an eye out and see how you're doing :)

Well done on the loss, amazing. Secondly, you have to do what's right for you and if that's counting calories then go for it. I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Back