Spicy Beansprout Salad

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by Catherine_UK, 29 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Catherine_UK

Catherine_UK Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.65%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys.

I had some opened tinned waterchutnuts and some fresh Beansprouts left over in the fridge and didn't want to throw them away.

I also had some mixed salad (letuce, tomato and spring onion) so decided to chuck them all together and see what happedned and yum yum it was good so thought I would share.

I boiled the waterchustnuts for 4mins then blanched the beansprouts for 1 min and then put in cold water to cool.

For the dressing i simply mixed a couple of tablespoons of Lemon juce, a pinch of Chinese 5 spice and a pinch of chilli powder (well I added aboute 3 pinches as I love spicy food) I also added a splash of soy sauce as I also love salty food but this could be left out.

Then just mix the lot together with the salad. Have it as hot as you can eat it as spicy food is supposed to make you feel more filled up.

I had a really large bowl and it only came to 60Kcal:bliss:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.