Spicy/curried parsnip soup

Thought I would share my favourite soup the SW way.

Spicy/curried parsnip soup

2 red onions
4 biggish parsnips
fry light
1 heaped tea spoon of curry powder or garam masala (add more or less depending on how hot you like your food)
a little salt and ground black pepper
parsley
2 chicken stock cube or vegetable stock cubes or 1 of each (thats what i do)
half a teaspoon of ground ginger
1 pint of boiled water

Peel and chop the onions quite small like around a cm, peel and chop the parsnips into cubish shapes, place the onions in a pan with the fry light and cook for 4 mins or untill soft (do not burn) try to keep the heat at lowish. Add the chopped up parsnips and again just stir around the pan for about 5 mins with the onions and maybe a bit more fry light if it looks dry and sticks to the pan! Stir in the curry powder or garam masala (or have a bit of each like i did), ginger , black pepper and a touch of salt.
Take the pan off the heat, while you make up the stock with the 1 pint of boiling water. Add to the pan with the rest stir and allow to simmer until the parsnips are tender, transfer the soup then add the parsley to a food processor or a hand held one and blend until smooth.
If you feel its to thick just add a little more water when you put the soup back into the pan. Add a little parsley to garnish!!!

You could even maybe change half the parsnips to carrots!? :rolleyes: and then use corriander?!;)

Thank You for reading! :D

Back