Cruise PV Spicy Tomato Baked Eggs

Red Heart

Back on the Dukan wagon!
For those of you who are fed up eating them boiled, poached or fried, here's a very easy twist on them to make a light meal...

Serves 2
Spray Frylight
1 red onion, chopped
half a red chilli (or to taste), deseeded & finely chopped - I didn't have 1 so used chilli powder instead
1 garlic clove, chopped
small bunch fresh coriander, stalks & leaves chopped separately
1 x 400g can cherry tomatoes (recipe calls for 2 cans but I think it makes it too veg heavy for Dukan, but it's your choice!)
half tsp Splenda (or 1tsp if using 2 cans toms)
4 eggs

1. Spray frying pan (need a fry pan with a lid!) with Frylight, and when at temp, soften onion, chilli, garlic and coriander stalks for 5 mins until soft. If it starts to stick, add a little water to the pan.
2. Stir in tomatoes and Splenda and then bubble for 8-10 mins until thick.
3. Using back of a large spoon, make 4 dips in sauce mixture, then crack an egg into each one.
4. Put lid on pan and cook over low heat for 6-8 mins, depending on how you like your eggs.
5. Before serving, scatter coriander leaves on top.

:eat:

I ate mine with a slice of dukan bread and it made a nice change from salad for lunch.
I guess if you use the 2 cans of toms, you could bulk it out by adding come cooked chicken or turkey rashers so that the dish doesn't become "veg heavy".

This is the first Dukan friendly recipe I've posted so if I've made any mistakes please advise! :eek:
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds good, think I'll try this later on in the week as a change.

Back