• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Spicy Tomato sauce help needed

MoonLyte

S: 20st9lb C: 19st10lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st13lb(4.5%)
Hi.
I am re-starting my diet tomorrow (again!!)
I have been really enjoying Homepride's spicy tomato and pepperoni paste sauce,and wondered if anybody had a recipe to modify it?
I know pepperoni will be out,but I would still love some spicy tomato.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

TIA x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Just make a basic tomato sauce (lots to choose from in the recipe sub-forum) and add some chilli. You can still have pepperoni in it just count the syns - that's what they are there for. Much better for you than an artificial sauce in a jar.

C: 10st11lb G: 9st4lb
Hi Moonlyte

When I make a spicy tomato sauce for my pasta/noodles, I use tinned tomatoes, tomatoes, chillies, chilli powder and then if I want an extra kick, I add 1 tbsp of Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce which is 1.5 Syns. All of this together is really nice and spicy!

Hope this helps :)

MoonLyte

Oh,thank you so much.
I was thinking chilli,but wasnt completely sure.How many syns would you reckon pepperoni is? x

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
It's 13 syns for 100g but you would get a lot for 100g so you could use less or divide it into portions to reduce the syns.

Or try chorizo sausage instead for a similar effect but fewer syns (2.5 syns for 28g)

Let us know how you get on!

MoonLyte

Oh,thanks Circes.
I'm sure I'll only use a few slices and chop it up,so obviously less calories.
I'll let you know,I'm gonna do it tomorrow hopefully :) x