Green Day spinach and ricotta canniloni (FREE, 1 HE)

k7njo

Hello

Just thought Id share one of our favorite recipies with you all! Its syn free as long as you use fat free cottage cheese, and you can use your HE to add a sprinkle of cheese on the top.

serves 4

you will need:
2 chopped peppers
2 onion
1 tbspn mixed herbs (dried is fine)
1 garlic clove
Salt and Pepper
passatta
12 canniloni tubes
1 tub low fat free cottage cheese
1 bag of spinach
ou will need:

chop pepper, onions and garlic into fine pieces and fry in frylight in a large pan. fry until they begin to soften then add the passatta and mixed herbs. Continue to cokk until the saude is hot throughout and is throughly mixed together, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour half the mixture into a cassarole dish (leaving half to one side)

Wilt the spinach in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and drain. Mix with the cottage cheese and fill the canniloni tubes with the mixture. Lay the filled tubes on top of the sauce, put remainder of sauce on top of the tubes.(optional - use you HE cheese to sprinkle on top!)

bake at 180 for 40-45 minutes until the tubes are soft and the sauce is bubbling...YUM!

As a tasty extra, we have sometimes used low fat cottage cheese with onions and chives - it gives it a lovely taste but be sure to adjust your syns.

Remember, 100g of fat free flavoured cottage cheese is 0.5 syn.
100g low fat flavoured is 1 syn.
Low fat natural cottage cheese os also 0.5 syn, which is why we use fat free because its completely free :D

Thanks for that Linda, I'm going to give it a go this weekend I think! I love Spinach and cheese together...yum.

Only problem I'm going to have is that the no fat cheese here (in Spain) isn't really like cottage cheese. it's more of a light fresh cheese and it comes in a plastic pot....a bit like a creme caramel when you turn it upside down and let it out!!

Will give it a go nonetheless and get back to you on that!!

Sounds lovely, thanks!!

I made the cannelloni out of the Italian cookbook.

With quark and ricotta.

Unfortunately I thought it was quite bland :( it was missing something for me ... Needed more flavour perhaps a stronger tasting cheese or something.

image-28627607.jpg

I made this last night and I have to say it was lovely. I love cottage cheese anyway ( I know a lot of people don't!) but in this dish, it really tasted like I was eating something rich and creamy
I made the tomato sauce with plenty of garlic, topped it with low fat mature cheddar and demolished half of it with a side of left over veg from yesterdays roast dinner! Handsome!
I'm looking forward to the other half tonight with a large salad...cant wait!

Definitely going to feature regularly in my house!

Back