Splashpath..........any other swimmers out there?

Bit of an odd question, anyone know of any good hair masks I can use? My hair is going really dull since swimming and I have to use e45 shampoo as I have a dry scalp, so I can't change that!

Ooooh I don't know hun, there is another thread on here called "Swimming" and I know there was a discussion on there about wetting your hair before you get in the pool. May be some of those ladies would have some ideas if you asked.

I use the Sun&Swim shampoo and conditioner from Boots and I think they have a pre-swim spray but I've never used it

xxxx

Bit of an odd question, anyone know of any good hair masks I can use? My hair is going really dull since swimming and I have to use e45 shampoo as I have a dry scalp, so I can't change that!

You can just use your own conditioner, if you apply it as you would hair dye, all over and liberally, then hair dryer your hair so it warms up, then wash it off, your hair should be all lovely again :)

Good swim this morning! Glad I went. I hesitated slightly because I've a head cold but I felt fine in the pool, though I didn't push it. A nice leisurely 42 lengths :D

Another 50 lengths tonight, should have done more but just wanted to get home and relax with a nice hot chocolate as the children were playing nap tenis today and didn't get 5 minutes to myself!! well thats my excuse anyway. Hope everyone has had a good week.

Woohoo!

33.3 % of the way across the Irish Sea now.
(I would have to pick the longest challenge first!)
56 lengths in 45 mins this morning in a very, very busy pool - it seems everyone has decided to get in the swim.

I'm still too slow for the 'medium' lane but I could have swum faster than the other swimmers in the 'slow' lane were allowing me to. I think I might have to invest in some coaching to improve my technique; I could probably do with working a bit harder in the pool now.

Hope all the water babies are doing well on their respective challenges!

Anyone out there got an Aquabeat? How are you finding it?

Dx

I didn't realise it was the longest one either until last week! I'll meet you there though, it will just take me a bit longer!!

I've gotten 66.4% of the london bridge swim done ;) its great. I've also got the aquabeat and OMG they are fab :D ...makes swimming sooooo much easier...you don't have to listen to silly people screaming or moaning you can just go into your own world :D ...also great if I wanna cheat as I put the music on and remember all the swimming i've done ;) x x x

I didn't realise it was the longest one either until last week! I'll meet you there though, it will just take me a bit longer!!

I will indeed see you there!

I completely lost count of my lengths this morning :confused: but, based on 30 mins of gentle breaststroke I'm claiming 32. :)

Probably need to consider a new cosie soon.... :D

Congratulations on your loss BTW.

xx

Can you just do splashpath online rather than the app do you know?? x

Trying to add you as a friend on Splashpath .......this may take a while but I WILL get there!

Xx

Lovely swim this evening :D. There's only a 30 minute public slot between swimming lessons but that means it's beautifully quiet. I had a lane to myself!!

i love it when it's nice and quiet as well, thats why my friend and i go on a monday at 8:40 after the swimming lessons, but i hgave a feeling that it may get a bit busy on the build up to christmas. Didn't go last week due to OH being out of the country but can't wait to have some me time and relax in the pool.

ok decided to go for a run instead, will have to see if i can get a swim in on another day.

It has been a full week since my last swim!

Should have been in the pool on Wednesday, but ended up repeating the run for C25K Wk9D1 :( On Thursday I had to wait in for a delivery, which arrived 10 minutes after th last public session ended :mad: Had t run again on Friday ( Wk9D2) and then was away for the weekend!

Back to it today; 44 lengths and a firm promise to 'fix' my swim days to M, W, F and Su as, hopefully, I'll complete the C25K programme tomorrow.

See you all in Dublin girls!

Xx

I think i did about another 60ish lengths last night, decided not to count but just go fo it and let my mind wander, it's amazing what you think about when you get some time to yourself with little people not trying to climb all over you.

Denise your number of lengths per session haved picked up well done, is that due to increased fitness or longer in the pool?

I think i did about another 60ish lengths last night, decided not to count but just go fo it and let my mind wander, it's amazing what you think about when you get some time to yourself with little people not trying to climb all over you.

Denise your number of lengths per session haved picked up well done, is that due to increased fitness or longer in the pool?

Staying longer in the pool! I reckon I'm still swimming at about the same rate, I don't push it, as I'm on a VLCD and I think it's important to be fair to the old bod when it's trying to cope on a restricted intake. After all, on the days when I don't go to the pool, I make the poor little bugger run for 30 mins!

Once I start taking some protein on board, I plan to get some coaching on technique and start to work on my swim speed and my running distance AND get the bike out and start some toning exercises :D

I know what you mean about letting your mind wander......i almost forget where I am sometimes.....wonderful :)

I've not been swimming as much recently, been going to the gym instead!

Missed another swim on Friday because my son was poorly :(

But had a great swim today :D . 50 lengths - just what the doctor ordered!

xx

Back