Splashpath..........any other swimmers out there?

How good is swimming for losing weight?

I can't swim, but was going to try sum up the courage to learn. I'm terrified of the water after having a near drowning incident when I was younger, but decided I should at least try to learn, however getting the motivation and courage is scary. :/

How good is swimming for losing weight?

I can't swim, but was going to try sum up the courage to learn. I'm terrified of the water after having a near drowning incident when I was younger, but decided I should at least try to learn, however getting the motivation and courage is scary. :/

I can imagine it would be very hard for you but I'm sure it would be worth the struggle. As far asweightlesss is concerned, the main benefit of swimming, unless you swim really fast, is toning you up and building stamina.

I headed for the pool when I decided to start exercising as I always loved it when I was younger and I new it would be a safe way to start using my muscles again whilst my weight was supported by the water. I've kept it up and whilst now, my main workout is running ( my swims are very leisurely) I miss my swim sessions on the days in between runs!

Hope you can find the courage to have a go....keep us posted !

xx

Aaah bliss! Back to the pool again after what seems like an age!
Can't wait to use my Aquabeat but the armstrap hasn't arrived yet :( and I don't have sufficient cleavage to hold the player any more lol!

38 lengths today so I'm nearly half way to Ireland:D

Aaah bliss! Back to the pool again after what seems like an age!
Can't wait to use my Aquabeat but the armstrap hasn't arrived yet :( and I don't have sufficient cleavage to hold the player any more lol!

38 lengths today so I'm nearly half way to Ireland:D

.....and another 40 today WITH MY AQUABEAT! Great fun swimming with Biffy Clyro :D

Also have invested in a couple of new swimsuits in the Sports Direct Sale - much better! They were 70% off and probably are 70% smaller than the size 20 swimdress that I was dragging around with me!

'The Girls' don't (sadly :cry:) need the C- cup any more but at least now they won't be making a bid for freedom! ;)

Dx

Back