Splenda?!

Diva2.0

Sheesh. I just tanked 3 net carbs with the Splenda in my huge Iced americano.:grumble: I did know it was 1 carb a packet but it didn't sink in till just now. I can't drink the coffee without the sweetner and I'm unwilling to sit at my computer without my coffee.
:sigh2:

Oh well, at least I get to eat a lot of yummy stuff despite this.

I don't use splenda, but I thought it was low carb?

It is low carb. I'm in the US and the US site says you have to count each packet as a carb. Sigh.

I've never bothered to count it...although i've only had it in perfectly clear strawberry water. I do drink Pepsi Max though which also has sweeteners.

Thanks all!

J2BLUE-- I think I will see how it goes and if it doesn't affect my loss, I won't be so strict counting it. Yep. I think Pepsi Max has Splenda but it might be Aspartame and boy is there a big debate in the US Atkins people about Aspartame. Some people can have it like no tomorrow, and other people have it and it stalls weight loss. Dr. Atkins didn't suggest it for that reason and Aspartame is possibly a carcinogen. (Though so much is gonna kill me I'm not too worried. :D)

Hey Lady!! How are you today? When you Soya do you literally mean Soya milk? Who'd have thought.

THanks!!

Thanks all!

J2BLUE-- I think I will see how it goes and if it doesn't affect my loss, I won't be so strict counting it. Yep. I think Pepsi Max has Splenda but it might be Aspartame and boy is there a big debate in the US Atkins people about Aspartame. Some people can have it like no tomorrow, and other people have it and it stalls weight loss. Dr. Atkins didn't suggest it for that reason and Aspartame is possibly a carcinogen. (Though so much is gonna kill me I'm not too worried. :D)

I've tried to give it up, honest! It's my drug :(

Hee hee J2! That's how I feel about diet coke.LOL When I have to give that up I'm like a crack addict without a fix. I am totally planning on drinking Diet coke with splenda. Delish!

Diet coke - with Splenda - wow!

We get sweetened soya milk here, and I'm sure you can get it where you are, but I've just checked the carb content (2.9g carbs per 100g) so think you're better off with the Splenda.

And (as you say) there's so much else that can come up and bite us on the bum healthwise, a bit of Splenda ain't gonna hurt - that's my theory, anyway :D

Thanks Lady! Apparently, Splenda is the healthiest of the artificial sweetners. Do you know anything about Stivia? I've heard that's a better option.

Diva, if you use the tablet-type splenda sweeteners they're virtually zero carb as far as I recall - it's the stuff that makes the spoonable splena spoonable, which makes it carby.

Oh. OH is shouting from the internet 0.04g net carb per sweetener - bargain!

LOL!!! Love it!

PS Waterworks, when you switched from LT did you have an initial weight gain? I'm a bit nervous this may happen. . . I also feel guilty when I eat. Am I alone there?

Diva, know what? I honestly can't remember. I don't think I did - but will nip back on this forum to the threads I started in September and report back.

Feel like the time team now! :)

Food is such an emotional thing, isn't it?

And Susie, no, I'm not bringing him in March - he's the reason I'm not coming at all, remember? He is useful for a lot of things though - very smart with puters and the like. :)

Gah. Thanks Lady. . . Its just I live in such a mind F*ck if you'll pardon me. My relationship with food as been so nuts the last 2 years, that I don't respond properly anymore to food and so I have to relearn. But thank you so much for the support and encouragement!

Waterworks! Thank you too! you are such a love.

Back