Splenda's Diary

No probs! :) That Moroccan Chicken recipe you posted is going to be made this weekend I think, looks lovely.

Today:

b- 60g homemade granola, blueberries, 100ml soya milk, coffee (I ate around 7.15am and this kept me going until almost noon)
l- big florette salad bowl, 2 boiled eggs, light salad cream, 2 oatcakes, apple, coffee
d- chicken breast, steamed veg (tenderstem broccoli, green beans, carrots), flora light, baby potato wedges
sn- fibre plus bar, diet irn bru, oat scone with dab of jam, 2 squares 85% choc

Last edited:
Didn't weigh today as felt massive this morning. No worries though as this is a lifestyle change and seeing that getting these pounds off again is going to take some time, a few more days before weighing won't matter too much ;)

b- half banana before exercise class, apple and skinny latte after
l- ostrich burger (v lean), tbsp beetroot hummous, mushrooms, sliced pickle
su- chicken breast, quinoa & bulgur mix, steamed tenderstem broccoli, cabbage & baby sweetcorn, tsp flora light

sn- 3 oatcakes & cheese triangle, 2 slices gingerbread (not exactly low GI but lovely!), Firecracker graze snack (again, not exactly low GI), 10 cashews

Last's night Graze snack turned into a second one and then snacking on Smarties followed. I did feel very bloated this morning and I know why - ate too much last night of some foods that don't agree with me! :eek:

I went on a 7 mile walk today so feeling better :) Sunday nights are always snacky nights for me purely out of habit so must keep myself busy and out of the kitchen - just having a late tea so I am full all night. Actually weekends are hard for me food wise, always have been!

b- 2 slices gingerbread, sm skinny latte
l- slice bread, chicken breast, apple, nakd bar
d- steamed haddock fillet with dill and lemon, sweetcorn, petit pois, green beans, tsp flora light, berries with yogurt

snacks to give me energy for my walk- 2 boiled eggs, tbsp peanut butter with celery. Other snacks- sm handful raisins, 2 squares choc

I made some gingerbread yesterday but it's not v low GI. It's lovely though - too lovely in fact so the rest of the slices are in the freezer to prevent me from scoffing them all in one go ;)

Last edited:
Jolly well done on the 7 mile walk. It certainly burnt off those cals from the smarties etc last night.
I find once I snack on chocolatey stuff I just have to have more. It's really crazy isn't it how the insulin levels spike!
Hope you have a good week.

Hard lesson to learn....

Thanks IM, hope you have a good week as well. Re: the cravings, I found out the hard way!!

OH buys the stodgiest white bread ever and one whiff of it lures me in :mad: I can't resist it. So a few slices last night with peanut butter...need I say more?

I can't explain how horrible I felt this morning - so bloated, lethargic and just bleugh. I've been fighting cravings all day.

It just reinforces that eating low gi is for me, my body just can't handle the un-refined stuff and it functions much better on all healthy food. So lesson learned and the white stodge is going to come to an untimely demise into the bin as I bought other healthier bread for OH ;) I'll have to tell him the white loaf went moldy or something :whistle:

I have had a nice low gi day today and I'm starting to feel less bloaty - I can't believe it's lasted all day...

b- 2 lean bacon rashers, boiled egg, coffee
lu- pasta, half tin tuna, celery, tsp low fat mayo, natural yogurt with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
d- turkey breast steak & sauce made with mushrooms & low fat creme fraiche, steamed green beans & carrots, bulgur & quinoa

snacks- apple, graze limoncello box (walnuts & jumbo raisins), fibre plus bar, 2 oatcakes with bit of peanut butter

Last edited:
Oh the dreaded White bread!!! I still have the very occasional gorge on it and regret it afterwards for the same reasons as you. Then again, we can occasionally have something that we know is soooo bad but tastes nice!!!
Take care.

That's very true IM, it is nice to know we can have something so bad but just not 4 slices of it!! ;) It is so lovely though...

None for me today.

I have not had crisps in over a week now! I've just not wanted any so something is working :D Habits are slowly changing.

I had a really good day today and my belly is thanking me.

b- high fibre cereal, blueberries, soya milk, coffee
l- m&s lunch - ham sandwich (I made it open face), grapes, carrots with low fat hummous
d- small chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms & tsp soft cheese, beetroot, side salad

snacks- small banana before exercise class, 1 packet popcorn (80 cals per pkt)

Thanks Clarri x

Cravings from the weekend now gone, yay!

b- high fibre cereal, strawberries, soya milk, coffee
l- leftover chicken breast from last night, m&s side salad & dressing, 2 oatcakes
d- savoury mince and lentils & 2 tbsp rice, broccoli, petit pois, sweetcorn, flora light

snacks: small banana before exercise, cottage cheese & pineapple, small pkt popcorn

The cereal I bought has been keeping me full all morning - fab!

It's called Nature's Path Organic - Maple Syrup and Hazelnut Harmony. I was at Costco the other night and it was on offer as the sell by date is the end of the month so I thought I would give it a try. It is really high fibre and has good things in it - I am not a big cereal lover but this is v nice.

Last edited:
Happy Friday!

I've been getting on well the past few days and no cravings.

Thursday:

b- high fibre cereal, soya milk, strawberries, coffee
l- lentil & veg soup, sm wholegrain roll, soft cheese
d- 2 slices high fibre bread, lean bacon, egg white, flora light

snacks- sm banana before running class, pkt popcorn, highlights

Friday:

b- high fibre cereal, sm handful dried fruit, soya milk, coffee
l- Japanese restaurant - had chicken chilli soba (miso, chicken, buckwheat noodles - I couldn't eat it all and left half), spoonful icing (there was cake as well but I refrained :))
d- not sure yet as really full from lunch still - might have a couple of oatcakes with soft cheese & beetroot before bed.

snacks- graze snack

I changed my graze boxes to energy boxes which are low gi, not sure why I didn't think of that before...

Enjoy your weekend!! x

Well done to you. You are eating so healthily and have a lovely varied menu. It's good your brekkie keeps you going all morning. Enjoy the weekend.

Thanks very much IM!! :D When I was first starting this a few weeks ago, I think I was over complicating things but now I feel as though I am in a nice routine now. I've also not been recording my calories on MFP this week as just trying to focus on GI foods and portion control as it's so much easier. It helps me reinforce to myself this isn't another diet for me and after 20 odd years of being on diets, it is so refreshing!! x

You are so right. It is so true that GL is easy once we stick to the principles of eating the correct foods in correct portions. Once we do that, hunger and cravings are controlled and weight should normalise. After that apply the 80/20 rule and we can have the odd blow out or down time.

Saturday Munchies

On plan for today but feel like munching - purely out of habit though as that is what I tend to want to do on a weekend. I'm doing a 5k tomorrow so can't overdo the food anyway!!

b- trail mix bar before exercise, bag of sliced apples, skinny latte
l- oatcakes, soft cheese, beetroot
d- carvery (turkey, 2 baby potatoes, peas, corn, carrots), bit of gravy, tbsp cranberry sauce

snacks- baby lindt bunny, hummous & 2 mini wholewheat pita breads, pkt of pret popcorn, graze bakewell tart punnet (dried fruit & almonds)

Monday again!

Today's plan:

b- homemade low gi blueberry muffin, grapes, coffee
lu- m&s side salad with beetroot, 1/2 chicken breast, 2 oatcakes with soft cheese, apple
su- butternut squash and sausage casserole

snacks- 2 chocolates, orange, coffee

I had a not so healthy eating day yesterday. It started out good and then from the afternoon it all went downhill. I wasn't craving anything in particular, it was mostly out of badness really.

I think I've mentioned before about Sundays and my tendancy to have a bit of a binge. I'm sure it comes from many, many years of starting a 'diet' on a Monday and eating everything in sight on a Sunday in preparation. A very bad habit and one that needs breaking because I am no longer on a diet!!! :eek:

Hope everyone has a good week! x

IM, was just reading what you wrote about the holiday mode. I think you might be on to something... I can't be bothered this week and it just so happens I have next week off. I'm really going to have to watch myself!! I've just started a challenge for myself in the Members Only bit. I need a kick in the bum.

Saying that, dinner didn't exactly go as plan, ended up with crispy chicken fillet and some oven chips. Could have been worse but my planned meal would have been much healthier and tastier for that matter. Line drawn!!

Today's Plan:

b- 2 homemade blueberry muffins, coffee
lu- m&s cheese jacket potato, half chicken breast, beetroot
d- butternut squash and sausage casserole, m&s side salad

snacks- apple, orange, sprite zero, 1 babybel, kelloggs fibre plus bar

More detail to go in my diary later! :)

Last edited:
It is very hard Clarri, grrr! I'm up 3lbs from my weekend eating also, not happy! But have made that my start weight now to remind me! x

Back