Splenda's Diary

On track today, back to recording on MFP to help with portions...

b- high fibre cereal, soya milk, coffee
lu- ham sandwich (open face), grapes, apple
d- mexican chicken slices, small jacket potato w/cheese, baby sweetcorn, broccoli, flora light

snacks- nakd bar, banana, 2 oatcakes

Hope everyone is getting on well today x

I'm on a roll:

b- high fibre cereal, strawberries, soya milk, coffee
l- out for lunch - lentil, sweet potato and coconut soup, wholewheat bread, 2 tsp butter, coffee, small piece caramel shortbread (2 bites worth and lovely!)
d- savoury mince and lentils, 2 tbsp basmati rice, petit pois, baby sweetcorn, flora light

snacks- apple, trail mix bar, graze bento mix, diet irn bru

Feeling very content with my eating again. How is everyone getting on then? x

Jolly good for you hon. You are well and truly back in the groove. Food looks good. How are portion sizes doing for you?
Have a lovely holiday weekend.

Thanks ever so much IM!
Portion sizes are a bit tricky for me but just making sure I weigh and measure and record. So far, so good. You have a lovely holiday weekend also :)

Today:
I had a huge breakfast and it kept me going almost all day!!!

b- beans, potato, 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, light cheese, bacon
l- apple, peanut butter, graze dried fruit
d- chicken stirfry with soba noodles

snacks- low gi blueberry muffin, options
x

All looking good. Enjoy the weekend and keep up your good work.

Cheers Molly, did you have a nice break?

Another long weekend upon us, yay! I'm still plodding along and hoping for another loss this week, will probably weigh on Saturday again. How is everyone? x

Good luck for your weigh in. With all your exercise I'm sure it will be a good one.
Enjoy the royal wedding tomorrow. The sun will shine on the happy couple and I hope they have much happiness. Such a stressful life for them, with so little privacy.

Hi!

Hello
I'm still plodding along, been busy the past few weeks. Including a week away in London on a course!
I'd been yo-yoing a bit due to eating lots at the weekend and not watching my portion sizes. I didn't want to go down the slimming club route again but decided to join ww for a bit as really needed some control on my portions and such once again, just couldn't rely on myself.
This also helped me while I was in London as I could go to a weigh in down there!
I've lost 5.5lbs over two weeks (5.5lbs my first week and STS the second) so really pleased and still eating my low GI foods :) Third wi this week, fingers crossed for a loss.
I'm still challenging myself to get under 13 stone for June and I have a couple of weeks yet to get 3.5lbs off!! :D

I hope everyone has been well, I have lots of posts to catch up on xx

What a great positive post! Obviously, between weightwatcher weigh ins and good GL choices you are doing fab. Even managing a few drinks too boot.
Well done and keep posting your progress.

Aw thanks Molly! x

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning after my exercise class. I made the huge mistake of buying multipacks of snacks and eating lots of them during the week - not low GI either. I really can't have multipacks of those things around so that might affect my wi tomorrow! I've done a fair bit of exercise this week so might get a sts, fingers crossed. New week starts tomorrow though ;)

So far the weekly weigh ins are ok but I'll take it week by week and see how I get on x

Food shop is being delivered Monday and there are no multipacks to be found ;)

Weigh in result today was 1.5lbs down, very happy indeed!!!! :D x

well done that's great news! There's something very motivating about being weighed in front of someone else- i used to find that when I used to go to RConnelly a few years ago.

Thanks ruth frances!
It is more motivating to get weighed in front of someone but it can put me off, especially if I have had a bad food week. Sometimes I don't like weighing every week but I'll keep at it for now ;)

Been munching the past few days, today have stayed on track though. I'm still waiting for my shop to come, I postponed it from Monday and it's coming Friday now so I've not been very organised the past few days which has been my downfall, oops!! On the plus side, all the junk is out of the house (and in my belly, mind...)

breakfast- porridge, milky coffee
lunch- ww spag bol, melon chunks, cherries
dinner- sm tin beans, high fibre bagel with spread, salad

snacks- coffee, apple

Planning's the crutial part isn't it? I've been off work for the last few months with my wrist injury, so I've had lots of free time to plan meals, go to the supermarket, and cook new things. I'm not sure how it will go when I start back in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to cook up lots of stuff that can go in the freezer ready, but our freezer's pretty tiny so it'll only hold so much stuff!

Planning is definitely crucial! I hope to make some stuff this weekend and stick it in the freezer - like you I have limited space :)

Because I am not organised this week, I am relying on takeaway food and ready meals (I prefer to cook though). I at least bought fruit to keep at work this week.

Yesterday:
b- banana, roll & sausage (not v gi but I was craving it ;))
l- high fibre bagel, salad, tbsp pasta salad, tbsp celery salad, actimel
d- braised beef and mash, 2 rich tea biscuits

snacks- 2 apples, pineapple

Today:
b- starbucks porridge, cafe misto
lu- ww chicken and butternut squash pot, blueberries, actimel
d- omelette with veg I think!

snacks- banana, apple, coffee

x

Well done you!!!! What a nice result to get a good loss at your weigh in. Just the boost you need to keep on track. I agree too on the planning. I always keep a supply of tins of various beans and make sure there is onion, celery and pepper in the fridge and then I can always rustle up a quick bean dish of some sort depending on spices etc. Have you had any Nakd bars. Theses are raw fruit or raw fruit and oats. Very filling and do for an emergency lunch or brekkie if no good choices are on offer. I always have one in my bag for emergencies. Carmans bars are another great choice as they are low GL and dont give you any sugar cravings.
Have a great week.

Cheers Molly! My weigh in last Saturday resulted in a stay the same - not a bad result at all considering!

I do have nakd bars in the cupboard! Still need to find those Carman bars, not been to a Sainsburys yet to get some :)
Needless to say my eating the past few days has been terrible, cravings galore also and I just want to snack. Choosing the wrong foods doesn't help.

I need to get a grip - I am doing the Edinburgh Moonwalk Saturday night - all 26.2 miles of it and I don't want to feel all bloaty and have no energy. So tomorrow shall be back on track and I will have to fight the cravings.

No weight in this week for me but back on the scales next week.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, catch up with you next week!! x

Well done on your STS
And good luck for the Moonwalk - sounds full on! Think of all those calories you'll burn doing 26.2 miles!!

Yeah the Moonwalk sounds like hard work. So well done to you for committing to it.
Snacking is the hard part for us all. We'll all have times when we just can't rein it in. We just have to keep trying. Enjoy your weekend.

Back