Splenda's Diary

Morning!
I survived the Moonwalk, it was one of the hardest challenges I have ever done. It was a struggle from mile 16 but that comes from general tiredness I think seeing it was the middle of the night. I've got another 26.2 mile walk in Sept for Cancer Research UK. Then I can say I have done two marathons this year ;)

I was back at my exercise and running classes this week - didn't feel I needed to rest any longer than a couple of days and luckily I had no aches, pains or niggles from the Moonwalk at all!

I was also back at wi yesterday and was up .5 in two weeks which is fab considering all my body has gone through and all the treats afterwards!! Well deserved of course :D

I've got a shop coming today and have a few recipes to make so this week I will be prepared and organised with my proper GI food's again. I'm back on the right track - or will be soon. Hope everyone has a lovely day x

Update:
Food so far:
b- mushrooms, egg white, slice multigrain bread with soft cheese

made some rice for freezing and ate a few spoonfuls....and had a few liquorice allsorts (hmmmm). Not to worry, will burn them off during the week. Must not snack any more as it isn't even noon yet...ooops. I will be on the right track today.

Last edited:
Ah well done on completing the Moonwalk. You are an inspiration and so focussed too. It is fab that you have not had a gain, a half pound hardly counts!!, with probably a lot of carb loading for energy and post race celebration.
Continued success hon!!

Argh, needing a fresh start.

Thanks so much ladies! I do love that I try fitness type stuff now without even thinking about it and that I actually love it :) It gives me such a high.

Fresh start tomorrow! I've been watching my portions with my main meals but I find I am snacking way too much and it's not been the best of choices which in turn are making me crave other things and well....what can I say. I have been having a bit of an oinkfest the past week and horrible cravings.

I (again!) bought some multipack items which I simply can't have in the house because I eat them - as I think I mentioned before. They aren't low GI and I thought they would be safe around me and I could portion them properly but I can't. They are gone now but my plan of attack is to make my meals a bit bigger in size and use more propoints for them and less propoints on snacks.

I did make lots of things last weekend so have meals made up in the freezer and they are low GI so that is half the battle for the coming week. Tomorrow is when my new plan of attack starts and cutting back on snacking. Snacking is absolutely fine I know but my choices aren't the right ones at times still...

Always a learning curve, isn't it? ;) But with every blip, it's getting a bit easier to completely change my eating habits.

I'm also going to try to come here more and post my menus as I was doing before as it really does help! x

I so understand the multipack problem. Once it is in the cupboard it just calls to us!!!! If it is sugary then one bar just makes you crave another.
It sounds like you are totally focussed on staying on track so no real damage done. You are doing really well. Have a good weekend.

Well...fresh start Saturday didn't happen. I went out for drinks on Friday night and it ended up being a late night - later than planned. I was not very well yesterday and eating was the number one list on my priorities.

So today is the day. I had a bit of a lie in, went for some exercise and came home to plan my food.

I was reading something online and came across ideas for savoury oatmeal and I quite fancied it. I made some oatmeal with chicken stock and then added some cooked mushrooms and a slice of bacon chopped up. It was quite nice and I didn't have any cravings for sweets as I sometimes do after having breakfast.

I've got some homemade soup cooking and a few other things for during the week - sorted!

b- oatmeal, mushrooms, bacon, coffee
l- carrot and lentil soup, 3 ryvita thins, soft cheese, fruit salad
d- steak and mushroom pie (ww recipe), roasted butternut squash, tomato salad
snacks - banana, cereal bar, tea

Monday (bit of a struggle today but made it):
b- roll and lean sausage, coffee
l- carrot and lentil soup, roll with soft cheese
d- bacon, onion and potato bake, roast butternut squash, 2 oat biscuits
snacks - apple, 2 satsumas, tea, low fat hot chocolate

Well done on getting through the day. Once you get one good day it gets easier to get through the next. Successful maintaining is not about beating ourselves up over a bad day or even few days. It is about always keeping in mind that we have to be aware of our intake and being strict with ourselves when we really need to!
You are doing brilliantly!

Funny you should say that Molly as I decided I'm ditching the slimming club (again).

I can actually see over the past few weeks how my bingeing and snacking has increased because I'm restricted to a number of specific counts a day. I always end up doing this - missing weigh ins, eating too much and then feeling guilty about eating too much and missing weigh ins!
I'm going to stop it now, it's a waste of time and money to keep going. I can do it myself, I need to as you say - be aware of our intake and be strict when we need to. A slimming club isn't going to do that for me, only I can do it.

I'm happy to maintain my weight now and once I can get a grip on portions, I shall resume losing maybe another half stone or so at the most. I'm again not going to weigh every week but I will weigh every two or three weeks! I hate having diet mentality...so hard to get rid of!

Had a good eating day though and did lots of walking today and an exercise class. I'm not a sausage lover but the past few days I'm really enjoying them - I didn't actually think about my dinner having sausage in it until I put it in the microwave ;)

b- roll and lean sausage, coffee, fruit salad
lu- chicken soup, 3 ryvita, soft cheese, 2 satsumas
d- butternut squash and sausage casserole, 2 biscuits

snacks- apple, oaty bar, sm banana, coffee

Perhaps a sausage free day tomorrow!

I think it's a good plan to target portion sizes for now together with choosing from GL friendly foods. We all have to find our own way to maintain our losses and need to find something that does not make us feel constantly dieting, restricted, swinging from binge to starve , buying into this or that range of " diet" products etc.
For this reason I love GL. Every plan based on GL principles assures you you won't feel hungry. It IS true once you choose from the right range of foods and learn to love new foods too.
I cannot maintain if I go back to eating the way I did. Overeating, eating stodge, sugar overload, White carb overload etc. Having learned to eat new foods, manage portion sizes and eat to live rather than live to eat has freed me from a " diet " mentality.
You are within a range you are happy enough to maintain at so just keep at it. You are doing great.

New user name

Cheers Molly!! :)

Just to say I have changed my user name also!! Fresh start and all. I'll change it on the title of this later on today!

Today's plan:
b- 2 slices toast, sm tin tuna, skinny coffee
l- curried chicken soup, ryvita thins, soft cheese, fruit salad
d- ww chicken, mushroom and potato pie (lurking in the freezer), broccoli, cabbage, light spread

snacks- apple, sm banana, mini animal biscuits (a few too many), handful pretzels and a few extra ryvita thins (they are lush, v crunchy and I think I will have to watch myself with them). So... many extra bites today but something to work on for tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Hope the new name gives you the focus you want. Every little helps us along.

I love Gi eating and here is yesterdays food -

b/f 2 egg omlette

snack mixed bowl of loadsa fresh berry fruit home grown, topped up with s/market fruit and ff greek yog

lunch Greek salad (minimal feta, just enough)1 slice ham

snack 4 wholegrain crackers with low fat cheese

dinner Dessert bowl of spag boll with mini grated cheese

Snack More salad as could not finish lunch

Lovely!

I love GI as it just suits my taste buds. I don't crave sweet things and never have so am lucky. BUT, I am a cheeseaholic so have to be careful. We grow so much of our own food. I can whip out to the patio for fresh leaves at lunch. Also, we have 2 garden plots and we are getting so much veg n fruit that I don't even look at the stuff in Tesco and when I do am shocked at the price!

Beverly it's great to see you love Gi. Growing your own produce adds to the kick you get from it. Why don't you start your own thread on this forum and it will help keep you on track too.
Good luck

Very nice menu Beverley, yes, you should post with us! I wish I could grow my own stuff, can't beat fresh veg!

Day on track so far, even with the pretzels that jumped into my mouth earlier...;)

b- bran flakes, sm banana, soya milk, coffee
l- carrot and lentil soup, 3 ryvita thins, soft cheese, skinny coffee, fruit salad
d- scrambled eggs on brown toast with mushrooms, tomato salad

snacks- pretzels, apple

Friday!

Friday at last!

I've got some lunch plans with friends tomorrow afternoon but it should be a relatively quiet weekend filled with the usual exercise classes and lazing about.

Was at running club last night and woke up ravenous as I usually do the morning after. Cereal or porridge wasn't going to cut it this morning. I had to have a roll and sausage :D (and they keep me full all morning)

b- roll and sausage, coffee
l- bacon, onion and potato bake, 2 satsumas
d- 2 veggie burgers, wrap, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage

snacks- strawberries, tea, soya latte, 2 oatcakes & soft cheese

Keeping It Simple

Back to basics today with good, simple, healthy food (Reminder to self - I am not on a diet, no need to complicate things by trying to 'count' something!!).

b- 2 sm slices brown soda bread, 1 low fat sausage, skinny milky coffee
snack- pear
l- m&s side salad, boiled egg, seeded roll, 30g wensleydale & cranberry cheese, tea
d- homemade lamb and barley stew, steamed cauliflower & cabbage, low fat spread
snack- smoothie (soya milk & strawberries)

I ate breakfast about 7.30am and was not hungry until 11am. I forget that if I eat the right balance I am not wanting to snack all day!

So agree with you!! Not on a diet so no counting. Eat the right foods so no hunger pangs! Great isn't it!!
Have a great day.

Back