Splitting calories

juliebags

Silver Member
How are people splitting calories??? I have read some threads where people are saying you should fast for at least 14-16 hrs???? So would i be better to have my normal eveing meal on an UP and on a fast day allow 16 hrs from previous meal before i eat again ?? ie eat calories at lunch /dinner, or does it not really matter???

I tend to split mine over the day.
I wont eat breakfast but will have a coffee, lunch is usually about 1pm and I'll use roughly 150 cals.
then I'll have a jelly at about 3.30pm-my sons snack time and dinner around 6pm and will use the remainder of my calories.

everyone is different, however I find once I start eating, I tend to want food.
So ive found it easier not eating breakfast. :)

I totally agree i am not a morning person and can easily not eat breakfast so i was going to split mine btwn lunch and dinner, my plan was to combine the 8hr window for food on both normal and fast days so i don't over indulge x

:D I could have written this!
I tend to split mine over the day.
I wont eat breakfast but will have a coffee, lunch is usually about 1pm and I'll use roughly 150 cals.
then I'll have a jelly at about 3.30pm-my sons snack time and dinner around 6pm and will use the remainder of my calories.

everyone is different, however I find once I start eating, I tend to want food.
So ive found it easier not eating breakfast. :)

I split my calories into three separate meals - I find that minimises my hunger. Different routines suit different people though, so it might be worth you experimenting a bit.

I have most of my cals in one go at about 5:30. This means I get almost a 24 hr fast in! If I eat breakfast, I'm starving by 11 and haven't foun lasting til 5 or 6 too difficult. Might save 100 cals for a snack an hour or so later but then another fast til thee next day. X

Back