Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Ah bless you! I really feel for you Spotty! You should be proud of yourself sticking to your eating plan throughout all this. It is so easy to turn to food for comfort, so well done you! ;) Big (hugs)

xwendywoox

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your supportive messages! :)

Now that I have identified the likely reason for my boredom and general 'out-of-sorts-ness', it has definitely helped put my mind at rest and make me more positive.

I was worrying that I was just someone bumbling through life without anything going for me except my relationship - I always used to be so vivacious and busy and it's been a real shock to the system to suddenly not have much to do. Once we are in the new house with all my 'me' stuff around I am pretty sure I will find loads of useless things to do and be able to feel more 'worthwhile'. I just feel like a bit of a waste of space at the moment! My boyfriend really does make all of this instability worthwhile, but I sometimes wonder what he must love about me when I feel like this - such a grumbly bear!

Anyway - all that stuff aside, I'm feeling much better. :)

Just got back from a meeting in London. I am based up in the Midlands, so it's always a bit of a trek "popping" into the city for a meeting. In the end it was something we could have probably done remotely over email, which makes the hours spent travelling on a hot day like today all the more irritating, but nevermind! Back now!

Didn't really realise how long we would be down there so I didn't prepare food to take... had a tiny bit of scrambled egg at around 7:30am this morning (no appetite this morning, get a bit nervous when going to meetings), only managed to find an M&S to get some lunch at about 3pm - no snacks or anything in between so *eek*! Lunch wasn't entirely perfect, but did as best I could... a greek salad (tomatos, onion, cucumber, olives and feta - not great!) and some crispy bacon strips (legal loveliness).

I think the greek salad was about 5g of carbs, so just means I will have less greens tonight.

OH text earlier to let me know he had bought us some yummy steaks for dinner, so that's just perfick!

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

SD xx

Morning Anna ... Hope you have a good day :)

Had an okay day thanks everyone, but just weighed myself and saw a depressing number on the scale (12st 13.5lbs) so feel a bit fed up. Bleurghh.

Started to see movement down to 12st 10lbs but it's creeping back. Booo boooo booooooo.

Will save proper whinging til tomorrow's weigh in.

Night all xx

Morning Anna, how are you today love.

Hey hey,

I'm ok thanks :)

Just did my Week 5 weigh in - lost another pound and a quarter (exact!). I really thought I'd be down more, but my lack of 'movement' has probably contributed a bit to this. I'm munching on diabetic sweets this morning - sure to get things going!

Anyway enough of all that nastiness!

I am in a brilliant mood today, mostly due to the fact that I managed to SLEEP last night! The first night in weeks where I have slept through without waking up most hours - I popped a couple of ibuprofen for my back and adjusted the pillow I have to support my spine, switched the oscillating fan on and 'bobs your uncle', snoozed like a rhino right through til 5am <<< a result compared to what I was used to!

So, that long sleep more than made up for my piddly little weightloss. Fingers crossed for next week.

I am amazed that I've not given in yet - honestly... 6lbs is nothing for 5 weeks, but I am determined to work!

Anna xx

Glad you had a goodnights sleep :) It's awful not sleeping properly, I have suffered since my teens with insomnia! Horrible!

A loss is a loss and you are doing really well! Keep your chin up and hopefully you will have many more nights sleep like last night ;)

Have a great weekend!

xwendywoox

Well done on the loss! It's a loss! And that's what's important. :)

I'm not a great sleeper and after having acupuncture for my arthritis he also did some for sleep and since I went to him I have actually slept a whole lot better.

Sleeplessness is so bad for us - makes us depressed, lethargic, unfocused, stops brain working, irritable... So well done on the good night's sleep too! x :)

Thank you both :)

I am happy that I had a loss, I just wish it would shift quicker - very annoying! :p

What is the average for Atkins? Is there such a thing? I know on LL people would lose a stone per month on average... and I think in my head I had the same rate in mind for Atkins because of ketosis, but I know that can't be right.

I'm worried it's not working now because I have moved less than 2lbs in four weeks - what if I have the same over the next four weeks too? Horrendous.

Will keep on and see what happens.

SD xx

Grats on the official loss! :D

I get really confused with all your weighing! Stop it woman!!!!! :p

Well done on the loss, and it is a loss which is the main thing, and step away from the scales (who am I to tell anybody.........dunno) xxx

Haha, yep - I give the same advice, and in the past (Atkins first time around, and LL) I used to wait all week and only weigh once - but that was because I had faith in the diet and knew it would work whether I 'checked' or not.

This time around I have become a more frantic 'weigher' because the weight isn't really shifting like I want it too... and I am terrified that it is going to go up again and I will be back at square one :(

xx

Hi SD, you're not on your own with the smaller losses love, quite a few on here have experienced the same me included. My sister in law blames it on us messing around with LL and CD and Exante and any other VLCD diet. Basically it messes your metabolism up, so when you embark on a new regime like atkins, it can take weeks to settle down, or sometimes not at all, but hey you're losing, so it must be working and lets face it, its much healthier and we're more likely to stick at this longer term as we can eat lovely food.:) A pound a week is 52 pounds a year and thats a hell of a lot of weight SD and you don't need to lose 52 pounds, so you're a lucky girl. Hang on in there and stop scale hopping lol x

Great advice... :)

Hi Spotty, good to hear the scales heading down now - keep going:D. Hope the sleep continues!
Xx

Thank you... but. 12st 12.5lbs again today. Actually cried.

Something not working here.

((hugs)) Anna. Hope you can figure it
Xx

Back