Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Hi spotty:)
I do think that the only fair way to check whether atkins works for you is to go clean and green - and unfortunately ditch all those sugar free goodies! I also agree that they are better than the alternative when the mood strikes. I did find by severely limiting sweet food though i just dont want it as much - so actually it gets easier;) i also noticed that when i had just one sf biscuit a day over the hols it was quite a difficult habit to break (luckily i ran out and too stingy to have another lcm order!)

Have fun at the house:D

I cant stand the taste of flax either. I used to make my mims with ground almonds. Also, half n half with some whey protein isnt too bad - esp if the protein powder is in some yummy sort of flavour!

Morning Anna, I just used to have a teaspoonful sprinkled over my dinner in the evening, that was enough for me

Morning sweetness! (+ Vicky, haha!)

Feeling good this morning, weight not great - creeped back up again this morning, but refusing to take note of the weight on the scale until tomorrow - looking like another STS though...

So if there is no change and I am 12st 12lbs tomorrow AGAIN, that's... 2.5lbs, then 3.5lbs, then +2lbs, then STS... really not going very well. Only 4lbs down in a month! Got to do something to make it shift - it's too damn expensive otherwise :(

Will try sprinkling some flax on my dinner (depending what I have, lol) as I think I need to be more 'regular'.

Drinking water this morning, hoping to get the cogs whirring... got two cold pork chops in the fridge at work - might go and grab one - still not had brekkie (ran out of eggs, eek!) and am starving.

Hope you're all having a good morning.

SD xx

(Jim - how did you know my name? You psychic? ;))

it looks like you have lost a stone in a month though??? on your sig? thats hefty amount of weight to lose so quickly x

Morning :)

I know how frustrating it can be to feel like you're doing everything right and not see results - but why not try Katie's suggestion, go strict clean and green, just for a week - cut out all the FFs, mims and sugar free stuff - and see how you get on?

it looks like you have lost a stone in a month though??? on your sig? thats hefty amount of weight to lose so quickly x

Nope. My sig says 5lbs off... :confused:

I lost more before - years ago... that's what the Atkins and LL losses are about - but this time round, just 5 measly pounds. Was 7lbs, but 2 crept back on. Cry.

xxx

Afternoon Spotty
Just a thought but I find sf jelly stalls me, which is maddening as I love it with cream :sigh:
If your having a couple a day it could be that, as the others have said try clean n green :) x

Thanks Delly... I probably will try that, although I think my problem is something else rather than sf jelly... I ate loads in the first couple of weeks and lost - but haven't really had very much since, been having Atkins bars more, and have stalled/gained. I'll figure it out. It's just so irritating. I want all the nice things too! Hahaha.

SD xx

sorry my brain wasnt working when looking :(
I found second time round of doing atkins i didnt lose as quickly but definately try and up your carbs to 25 then 30 etc etc as i always lose better on higher carbs x

Thanks honey - I will give it a whirl. What is the best way to 'up' carbs? Don't want to start chomping on slices of bread or sweeties! (Dangerous: may not be able to stop! Haha!)
x

If you want to up carbs, take a look at the owl rungs (just search on web). You probably want to stick with lower ones as they are least likely to trigger cravings
Xxx

Morning Anna,

maybe it'd help if you started posting what you eat each day love?

Hey Jim,

I am updating my MFP profile - the link is in my signature, and the code for accessing it is 4826... would really appreciate your input.

I know I am eating some frankenfoods, and some SF stuff - but not masses (I don't think!). I am not sure I will be happy carrying on if I can't have any sweetness at all and no dairy... purely meat and greens isn't going to be sustainable for me, I know what I am like. I won't "cheat", but that's only because I know I can substitute with something legal.

Eating a really strict lean and green ONLY way would have sufficed when I was a lot heftier, but I don't want something so drastic now I have less to lose.

It's irritating because it worked when I was younger... I used to have LOADS of sf jelly, double cream and quite a few Atkins bars too - and lost over 3 stone. Something isn't right this time around and it's really de-motivating cos I don't know what it is :(

I'm also not very regular which is annoying - been once, maybe twice, in the last fortnight... not since Monday.

People tell me to think 'inches' instead - well, I didn't measure myself to start with, so it's a bit tricky... but what I do know is that my work trousers got really loose and now they are getting tight again. Want to cry.

WHEN WILL THIS START HAPPENING FOR ME?!!

SD xx

Just chomped on two diabetic boiled sweets from Boots - if they don't make me "go to the park", I am not sure what will!!! Eek! x

I tried the link Anna, but it says it's locked and I need an access key

Hi spotty
I find if I cant go to the loo, which is often :(, I use Potters cleansing herbs from Holland and Barrett they are all natural but work wonders! You do get stomach ache with them but at least you know its working! x

Ooh, not heard of those, might have to investigate. Last week it got so bad that I nearly choffed on loads of prunes (not a good idea for ketosis!)

One thing that is positive, is that I have managed to stay in ketosis (apart from maybe 1-2 days after my vegan brownie incident at the wedding)... don't want to kick myself out.

***Advice please: will chomping something REALLY naughty and then going clean and green:
a) kick start my metabolism/shock my system into shifting again? or
b) "eff" up my system and knacker my ketosis to my detriment?

Just had some roast pork slices and iceberg lettuce (with ff mayo) for lunch, was scrummy. Just finishing off with a cheese string.

Got some jelly for mid afternoon, but going to try and hold off and see if I can get through til this evening without it.

SD xx

(P.S. Have taken the number lock off MFP cos it was confusing everyone I think!)

Back