Spotty's Road to Slimdom

It should hopefully settle soon... Good luck with it! :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the posts.

Katie - I really hope my problem isn't eggs. I eat so many - probs 3-4 a day for breakfast - and they really set me up :) Congrats to your husband for getting through Atkins without them... I pray for the day when I need fattening up, hahaha, it's a long way away at the moment though!!

My appetite is coming back a bit, which is nice - but now just want to make sure I don't overeat.

I had a three egg omelette for breakfast, with ham in, half a tomato sliced up, and some bits of cheese.

Have had a pepperami and a Marmite babybel thingee this morning and two creamy coffees. Going to go to Tesco in a minute and grab some cooked meat to munch on for lunch.

Tomorrow is my 14th day, and my ketostix STILL aren't showing that I'm in ketosis, so I can only imagine they are duff (got damp or just died, I dunno). My OH tells me my breath reeks, which is a bit embarrassing, but also quite comforting!! Hahaha. Saying that, it could easily be my diet making it smell - cream, cheese, meat etc... rather than ketosis but I dunno.

This morning was 12st 11.5lbs... so I down a couple since last Friday, which is good. Still not moving particularly rapidly, but have worked out that losing and average of 2lbs a week will mean I will be almost at my goal of 10st 7lbs by my 30th birthday on 10th December! Fingers crossed!!!!

Hope I can do this this time... :( xxx

Poorly tummy again. Waaaaaaaah :(

I keep "disappearing", my boss must be wondering what's going on. Cry. Xx

oh no :( i hope you are ok love. how old are your sticks? they do need to be used within a time. and if you are losing then the sticks shouldnt matter xxx (but i know they did with me)

Hope you are feeling better soon x

LVLLT said:
oh no :( i hope you are ok love. how old are your sticks? they do need to be used within a time. and if you are losing then the sticks shouldnt matter xxx (but i know they did with me)

Hope you are feeling better soonx

Hey. I've had the sticks since end 2008 when I started Lighter life. The date of them runs to 2013 though, so not sure what's happened to them.

I still am not convinced I'm in ketosis though, which seems impossible having not eaten any real carb for about two weeks... I just don't have that ketosis 'smell'... and my weight is shifting really slowly. Annoying.

Just weighed myself for a boost and I'm 2lbs up from last night after having had a 'really' bad tummy (gotta be empty by now) and have not over eaten. I guess I'd be even heavier had I not been poorly.

Doesn't help that my mum just called to say she lost 7lbs in her first week.

I need a whoosh to make me believe. X

aww, sad to see you arent feeling much better, i think i have pinpointed onions, i have no problems unless i have them. reading through your menus, you dont, so it cant be that with you.

really really hope it passes soon.........no pun intended hehe

Hope you feel better today! And hope the scales plummet real soon! :)

Morning SD, I hope you are feeling better this morning

Morning everyone!

Feeling a little better today thanks - just have a general air of 'bleurghh' about me.

Was late for work and didn't have time for a proper breakfast so have just chomped down a couple of slices of topside, and a cheesestring - washed down with some creamy coffee. Looking forward to lunchtime already!

Think I am going to whip up a nice frittata later (minus potato) - perfect for lunches and brekkies on the run.

So - did another sneaky weigh this morning and I am 12st 11lbs for the third morning in a row. Grrr. On the up side, I was 13st 5lbs in the morning on my heaviest day a few weeks ago - so that's a good 8lb loss overall... 6lb of which on Atkins... but only going to 'log' the weight that shows up on my scale tomorrow morning for WI. Fingers crossed it doesn't all go pear shaped today!

Have great mornings one and all.

SD xx

Think I am going to whip up a nice frittata later (minus potato) - perfect for lunches and brekkies on the run.
the sasuage and egg or bacon and egg muffins are fab for breakfast too (in recipe thread) and they freeze nice xx

ah the scales will be kind love, after 3 days of STS. you seem like another one who is addicted to weighing...doesnt it alter your mood with gains/losses???

Thats it, throw the scales away and weigh once a week in boots! lol!

Good luck for your official wi:) others to be ignored!
Xx

Well? How'd it go? The suspense is all too much!!!! :D

Good luck, dollypops!

Morning Doris how's the wi go? Hope it's good news? :)

Morning everyone, well this morning I am 3.5lbs down, so I am very happy. That is half a stone in the first two weeks, and actually a tiny bit more because I was a pound or two heavier a few weeks ago on my worst day. So - yey!

Forever expect that I will stall or gain again. I am still trying to get my head to realise that this will work if I just keep on. I have tried so many times to cut calories, cut fat etc - lose a few pounds then re-gain them again before giving up. It is weirdly exciting to think that might not happen this time. Eek!

Had a bit of a tough night with my OH last night. He doesn't really understand the diet. He has never really had to diet - he cuts down on stuff when he feels a bit podgy - but nothing like the battles we face. He is also very big into exercise, goes to the gym every night etc.

Anyway - he announced last night that he is worried that I am going to lose weight but look awful because I'm not doing enough exercise and I am going to be all flabby and I will still have a big bum and a belly on me that dieting won't be able to shift. There were some quite hurtful things said, but they aren't worth repeating - it was all quite heat of the moment and he has apologised for getting so personal. Honestly, when the person you love the most says certain things, the first thing you want to do is tuck into a packet of sweets washed down with a nice milky cup of tea. Anyway - after things calmed down a bit I explained to him about all the research I have read, about saturated fat, about the way ketosis and lipolysis works etc. I think he was genuinely surprised that I knew so much about it all. It goes against his life long belief that good bodies can only be gained through exercise.

When we got together last November I was slimmer as I had been doing Exante for a month or so following a previous break up. I was about 11st 9/10lbs or something. Anyway, he thought I looked great back then - really toned and sexy... well, I reminded him that I hadn't been to the gym ONCE in about 6 months when he met me - so to keep some faith that 'at the right weight' my body will be much better - and THEN I will be able to see what materials I have to work with and start really toning and working on defining myself.

Don't get me wrong, for the health of my heart and my joints I want to keep exercising. I will continue swimming, doing more and more, and probably re-visit my pilates classes. The arthritis in my back and my worn out discs make a lot of exercise difficult - but pilates shouldn't do any harm if I keep at beginners level. As well as swimming I am also allowed to cycle and walk - I go for walks on my lunch breaks and am going to start cycling more again too... but over all, I am not going to go mad. This low carb diet isn't really designed to be paired with crazy exertion, that can come later... for now I just want to keep my body ticking over and looking a bit more toned - and then I can hit it harder later in the year.

I really love my OH, and I don't blame him for not understanding - and I am glad that I have now explained enough that he has realised this diet isn't "easy" and isn't just a "quick fix", and that there is genuine thought and willpower that goes into doing this each and every day. By the end I think his respect for me had grown a bit.

Anyway - I am rambling. All in all, I am very happy today - good 2nd week loss and a new sense of peace at home around diet stuff.

Hope you all have good Fridays. It's Friday at last, wooooooo!

SD xx

Last edited:
fantastic on your weigh in babe xx really brilliant.
as for the comments, they are hurtful arent they. as if we dont have enough going round in our head anyway.
Tickle called me overweight a couple of months ago (for those of you on fb its when i had the lemon top on and cat whiskers) even though i was probably this weight. I told him i wasnt actually overweight. was very upset and even embarrassed to tell people he had said it.

If bf wants to exercise then thats his perogative, as you say you are restricted anyway and jeez look at Jim - he lost all that weight without exercise (he will tell you the remote control is all the exercise he got) and he hasnt got major problems with skin flabbiness (see his pic on his sig i havent seen him naked!)
You keep doing what you are doing love, who hasnt put weight on when they first start a relationship (you mentioned weighing less at the start of yours.) You will lose it and more and you will look fantastic.
We do have to be realistic though (see my sig never reach for perfection.....) and when we have gained and lost weight (as i have over and over again) our body will tell that tale. stretch marks, wobbly legs/tummy, bingo wings. Exercise will help that but no amount of gym (even 10 hours per day) will get us looking like claudia schiffer et al in those AIRBRUSHED pics.

Big hugs to you as I know the things he has said will probably going round and round in your head, but rest assured we are here for you and i know EXACTLY what you are going through xxx

Hi SD, well done on your post. Hang in there - it works:)

Agree with vicky - never perfection but heading to a better place where we can control the voices in our heads....and hopefully those of people we love too:eek:

You go girl
Xx

Back