Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Well done on your loss spotty:D. Hope you are having a great weekend;)
Xx

Morning all!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was quite challenging as I broke the diet on Saturday when my OH and I went around to a friend’s house for dinner.

The friend in question is a phenomenal cook, and whilst I’d told her I was doing Atkins, she didn’t quite grasp what that meant. She kept proclaiming that it was a carb free meal – but as the food appeared I realised it wasn’t as ‘carb free’ as she thought – and at that point there wasn’t really anything I could do but eat what I was given. It was absolutely outstanding, and the effort she put in was out of this world.

The menu was:

Starter: crab and avocado mousse with sweetcorn sorbet

Main: confit chicken (cooked for about 24 hours!) with kale and a butterbean and chorizo stew

Pudding: peanut butter and jelly sandwich – which was a peanut butter parfait, topped with a bit of strawberry jam, nestled between two almondy/caramelly crunch biscuits (made from liquid glucose, cream, butter, almonds etc), topped with strawberry sorbet.

It really was gorgeous. I knew the hostess could cook, but she really is Masterchef and Great British Bake Off level. She even showed me a picture of a croquembouche she made ‘for fun’ a few months ago. Anyway – best dinner I’ve had for years, so I’m not complaining, and essentially the only naughties in it were the butterbeans, sweetcorn, and the pudding… oh, and by that point I was a little bit ‘sod it’ and had a few mint matchmakers and half a glass of white wine. Oops!

Anyway – had an almighty headache by the time I got home and it lasted all day yesterday too… but I peed on a stick this morning and it looks like I just about got away with it – JUST. Hardly any change, but the faintest tinge of pink.

Then, I weighed myself this morning and it was 12st 9.25lbs!!! Single figures! Yey! I am not taking this for granted, as I know how a ‘cheat’ can take a few days to catch up on you, but just seeing that number ‘9’ has really cheered me up and given me some new motivation!

Not going to log my weight til Friday, as always, so hoping I can hold on to that 9lbs for the next few days! J

Hope you all had a good weekend –

((Hugs ))

SD xxx

Wow! That menu sounds delish and right up my street. I would have eaten it too, how could you resist!

Congrats on the weight loss too :)

xwendywoox

Thank you both!

I will definitely keep on now, maybe those few grams of carbs (few *COUGH!*) were just what I needed to kick start my metabolism/loss rate. Fingers crossed! :)

SD xx

well done and fingers crossed you stay in the 9's x

Wow - sounds fabulous and i'm glad you enjoyed it:D

And well done - onwards and downwards!
Xx

Well done on the 9 ... Hopefully it's there on Friday SD :)

Mornin' Anna :D x Hope you're hanging onto that 9!

I lost it again this morning, but not getting down about it until I see the actual Friday weigh in result... still a few days to go!

Got 'park' issues again, so that probably not helping. *TMI*

SD xx

I'm a bit scared about anything 'lax', just because I worry about being caught short at work, or when I am commuting... might have to invest though, as I'm starting to feel quite lethargic and achey again. :(
May try something tomorrow though as have the day off... xx

I found Dulcolax to be VERY effective :eek:, Sennacot are a little less extreme. I very rarely need to use any extra "help" now, if I don't get much in the way of greens I have a psyllium husk capsule or two a day. Hope you get relief soon :p x

Hi SD, try having plenty of sprouts with your evening meal, that will sort the 'park' issues out if you don't want extreme medication :D well done on sticking with it though, I know how tough it can be for us.

Evening Spotty:)
Hope you had a good day off
Xx

Hello you wonderful lot!

I'm OK thanks. OH left to do music in the States earlier... he's going to be gone for just 6 days but I'm massively missing him already!

For some reason his absence has also triggered my naughty head, I've eaten four chocolate covered raisins. Eek! Could have been worse, but not sure why I've done it. Think I was so keen to stick to it and make him proud, and now that he's gone I am now rebelling. So silly!

Not helped by the fact I've got nothing grabbable in the house. Must do a shop tomorrow. Must must must.

Weight wise I am feeling good at the moment. Not paying attention to the scale til Friday, but I do feel more comfortable in my own skin.

Haven't left the house today and now in the bath (ahhh, the joy of phone apps)... starting to crave fresh air! Might pop round to a girlfriend's place in a bit for a natter.

Hugs to all xxx

OK. In bed already. Love early nights.

Got my New Atkins, New You book with me and gonna read up on OWL as a few people have suggested I 'might' get better losses with slightly more carbs... not much more, but a bit. Will have a read.

SD xx

Really need to rant.

I am not having a very good day today. I took my car in for it's service this morning and have just had a call from them to say I need two new tyres and a new wheel bearing in order for the car to pass it's MOT. I am now looking at a bill £500 higher than I was expecting and budgeting for (which was tight as it was).

All year I have been stung with costs that I can't afford. I don't earn very much as it stands, so every month I am well over my limit and it is really starting to get me down.

Me and my OH are moving into a new home in a month's time and I really wanted to be able to save up a few pennies so that we are comfortably able to get some nice new things/decorate etc, but as it stands I am facing baked beans on toast and wearing four layers rather than putting the heating on.

Plus, I have been a totally idiot this afternoon and eaten a slice of banana and chocolate loaf. I baked it for a poorly friend and just sliced it up to take it round, and one of the slices crumbled... well... you can imagine the rest. "Me of little willpower" scoffed it and now feel really crappy. This morning I had a record weigh in of 12st 8.5lbs too, so I am really disappointed with myself. What bigger motivation did I need!? Ah well. Lesson learned. That is two cheats two weekends in a row. Really got to stop this unhealthy pattern of behaviour.

Clean and green now until my OH gets back from Detroit next Tuesday night... aiming for him to see a bit of a change in me - really would make me feel 100% better if he saw me and told me I looked good. I am going swimming now, and intend to follow it with some reflective time in the steam room to - hopefully - let my stresses disperse a bit.

Seriously - money is such a horrible thing unless you've got a lot of it.

I don't think the guy at the dealership was quite ready for my teary voice on the end of the phone... he knocked money off my bill (beat price of Kwik Fit tyres, reduced my service by a hundred pounds, and gave me my MOT for nothing!) but it is still going to be over £600 all in, which is just ****.

Ok. Rant over.

xx

Back