Spotty's Road to Slimdom

Yes, well done! I always think that you can't help but succeed at any diet if you just keep on going, no matter what. This is especially true of Atkins, which offers us forgiveness time and again when we slip. Good for you getting that slight regain off before it could do any damage!

Hey all, and thank you girlygirl for your message.

Feeling a bit chunky again today... been back on it... back in meridian but just weighed in at 12st 11.75lbs. I know it's night time, but even so. Eek! Praying for something equal to or less than 12st 8.5lbs on Friday morning. Chances?

Xxxx

Meridian is my phone's way of saying ketosis, by the way!!

Evening spotty - good luck:)

Good luck for Friday's WI :)

LOL @ iphone spell correcter

Morning Anna.

Weigh in this morning... 12st 10lbs.

Up 1.5lbs on last week which isn't too bad for eating 4 slices of cake and a couple of sweeties!

Not been to the park for ages again either... have been and purchased some Sennakot Comfort tablets so will trying and change that! Lol.

Back on it today. Hitting my protein hard.

B: sliced ham
S: pepperami, dairylea strings, creamy coffee
L: proscuitto/chorizo/salami slices, ham and salad

SD xx

Last edited:
remember, excess protein is converted to glucose and this can take you out of ketosis.

I would up fats and stick to moderate protein personally, but of course, whatever works for you!

Right. Just a heads up.

I have fallen off the wagon. This morning my weight was 12st 10lbs... so that's 9lbs down in 8 weeks... I was hoping for more than twice that.

I am going to eat what I want (read: pig out on crap) this weekend and then try and hit induction hard and fast again on Monday then follow the 72 plan for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

This could go one of two ways...

a) be the shake up I need to get myself back on course/losing
b) a huge effing mistake that I will regret

We'll see.

Let the carbs commence!

SD xx

Eurghhhh... I feel sick...

Carbs are tasty, but eeeeevil xx

Actually - one of the reasons i avoid them is makes me feel like c**p and never tastes as good as i remember!
Xxx

Morning everyone.

Well - had a big blow out this weekend but am back on the wagon again this morning.

Have had a few 'going to the park' issues over the past week. I took some Sennokot Comfort tablets on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning but still no movement - really thought the carby shock to my system would have helped too, but alas not...

In the end I bit the bullet and bought some glycerin suppositries and 'ta da', action! Sorry, I know this is VERY too much info (lol), but good to know they work.

In the end it was around 6 days I think. Eek!

Anyway - had my blow out - everything from potato to pastry to bread to biscuits to sugar to icecream to nuts... I gorged on it all! Eek! But I am back today - still weighing in at 12st 10lbs (probs would have been less post-suppositry had I NOT binged, but hey ho!) and sat drinking my creamy coffee - ham salad in the fridge for lunch.

Not proud, not advocating behaviour, but also not beating myself up. Onwards and downwards. I am going to a ball on 12 November, which could be a struggle food wise, but otherwise I am now not going to let myself have any 'time off' until I hit 12 stone. That's the plan!

SD xx

Hi Anna! I've had a carby blow-out the last few days too - a weekend away with the kids. Back to reality today for me as well. Hope you get all the movements you wish for :eek: !!! xx

Thank you lovelies :) Good to be back, although my cravings are super strong today and I am having to give myself lots of talking tos. Lol. Few more days and should be back in the swing of it again. Hopefully!

Off on a date night with my OH tonight, so that will keep me out of the cupboards!

x

Just off to a gig in town. Booked the tickets for my OH as a surprise, but not sure it's going to be his thing!! Will let you know tomorrow!x

Back