Cruise PV Sprouts and parsnips on PV

gingercake

Having read the book it is a but vague about veges you can and can't eat on the cruise phase.

Does anybody know if the following are allowed please; parsnips, sprouts and pumpkin.

These are all my favourite veges so I am hoping they are allowed

all are allowed but go easy on the parsnips and pumpkin (Butternut squash) as they are more carby than sprouts - I have them every week love sprouts and celeriac is now a fav too

Ginger, must agree with chris celeriac is now one of my favorates, replaces the potatoes on my plate yum yum x

genuinely excited I can have sprouts! My main veggies were onion/mushroom/peas/sweetcorn so since the last two are off I'm going to try cauliflower rice tonight and potentially some sprouts with it :)

That is best news I have had all week!!! I LOVE sprouts. Don't know if they do celeriac over here, I'm shopping today so will soon find out!

Big thanks :)

I LOVE cauliflower, i have to buy it frozen now coz I eat so much of it!

CheeseGirl said:
Another good choice is root parsley. It looks just like a parsnip but I looked it up and it has a lot fewer carbs than parsnips. Very good for making oven "chips" :)

Thought I posted on this thread grrr looks like I started a new one.... is parsley root available in the uk ?

When it was mentioned I googled it and the chips came up, they look amazing. Couldnt get a supermarket that stocked it but.....you can buy the seeds on line so if they are ok to eat, I'm going to see if hubby will grow me some x

Thanks all.

I now have my list at the ready. Will do my best to find parsley root, the chips sound good!

I love mushrooms too. Yum.

Is there anything we are allowed that you recommend I stay away from? In terms of slowing down weight loss?

Unfortunately I can't find celeriac or parsley root anywhere. People just look at me funny when I ask for it. They have never heard of the stuff!
Can't get any rhubarb either, which I am gutted about because I love the stuff!

Does the fromage frais have to be FF? I have had lite stuff today and I'm hoping it is allowed.

Ginger I'm sure it has to be ff but if you've only had a little, hopefully no damage done! And rhubarb I'm buying frozen for now hubby planted some in garden for me can't wait for my own supply x

Unfortunately I can't find celeriac or parsley root anywhere. People just look at me funny when I ask for it. They have never heard of the stuff!
Can't get any rhubarb either, which I am gutted about because I love the stuff!

Does the fromage frais have to be FF? I have had lite stuff today and I'm hoping it is allowed.

Ginger, finding fresh rhubarb in the UK is like looking for gold dust. Could celeriac have a different name in NZ? Intrigued - parsley root never heard of it ......... but wouldnt mind trying it.

Parsley root is also known as Hamburg parsley, I found several UK articles about it. Hope those of you who look for it can find it, the chips are brilliant!

Peel and slice into thin chip-size sticks and steam for about 5-7 min. Rinse and let dry, then spray a bit of cooking oil on, add salt and pepper and toss then bake on tray in 1 layer until golden. I used a fan-assisted oven at 210C. They weren't very crispy but the flavour was fabulous! A milder taste than parsnips and if you close your eyes you can almost imagine POTATOES :)

I want some.....if anyone finds a supplier please post x

Back