Squidgy Chocolate Cake

Made this yesterday and thought it was lovely. A little bit too sweet for me so not so much sweetner next time. Hubby hated it... said it should be called 'Chomlette' as it tasted like a chocolate omlette! I had it with fresh strawberrys and lite squirty cream...mmmmmmmmmmm

Made mine on monday as it was my mums birthday and she had a massive choccy birthday cake and I didn't want to miss out so I made this to hae instead! A little disappointed, the mixture tasted lovely before it went in the oven but mine went really flat and wasn't quite sweet enough! will try again and beat the egg whites longer and maybe use a bit more sweetener!

I think it depends on what cocoa powder you use as to how much sweetener. My cocoa powder is quite a strong one (as it is american branded) so mine definately needed the 2oz's of sweetener.

That looks lovely and as I love chocolate it would be wrong for me not to try it.
Will have to go and buy some more eggs though as we managed to eat all the ones we had today.

Yummm think I will give this a go and not tell the OH how healthy it is and see what he thinks. Thanks for the idea as we take cakes into work when it's our birthdays and if I'm still doing SW next April I don't want to be the only one not eating cake on my birthday so will make some SW friendly cakes

Wondering could you maybe use options/highlights instead of cocoa powder maybe?

Ok cool, will get some next time I go shopping. Was craving something yummy but will have to wait until tomorrow now unless I can persuade OH to run out for some cocoa powder

In my oven as I type - cant wait!!!

I made this today for the first time. I did the recipe just as it's written. I've just had a piece with squirty cream and it is lovely.

Back