Squidgy Chocolate Cake

I made this again and this time used measuring cups instead of weight. 4oz works out to be about 118ml which is pretty much 1/2 cup.

So instead of weighing the sweetener I used half a cup of sweetener and it was fine. Just right.

So anyone else making this, might find it better to measure out your sweetener that way. I will edit the original recipe too. :)

Oh, I am definitely going to try this, this weekend!
I even invested in some measuring cups the other day so I will be able to do it properly!
So excited!! :eating:
A x

Oh my goodness this is the best !

Hi all you squidgy chocolate cake followers !

I made this cake yesterday using the 6 eggs, 2oz cocoa (green and blacks) and then I used 3.5oz of sugar...... this works out at 7 syns for a quater of the cake, which I think is pretty good !

I had a quater cold (7syns), topped with 15g of 70% dark green and blacks chocolate just melted (4syns) and then had some light squirty cream (1syn) - wow it was absolutely fantastic :) !!!!!

uh oh. when i did it it was eggy at the bottom and tasted boring and nothing of cocoa i used tesco cocoa powder :(

I might give this one a go at the weekend when I've had a chance to get to the shops!!

the lovely alibalibee recommened mixing an options white chocolate sachet with 100g of total 0% greek yoghurt and it apparently tastes like butter icing! so im thinking about making butterfly cakes with this this afternoon!

thanks for the recipe!

xxxxxxx

if you use double the mixture and make two cakes, then you can make a big gateau with it, just put some quark mixed with white chocolate options in the centre and some fresh raspberries. Is great for dinner parties etc.

PWOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cooked this last night! Am so impressed!! Can see why people said it was a bit bitter but I liked it. I think I might try some melted chocolate on top... maybe only like a freddo amount, wouldn't be alot of syns on a quarter but would be YUMMY!!

PWOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cooked this last night! Am so impressed!! Can see why people said it was a bit bitter but I liked it. I think I might try some melted chocolate on top... maybe only like a freddo amount, wouldn't be alot of syns on a quarter but would be YUMMY!!

yes it is a little bitter, but then you can't expect REAL calorie filled chocolate cake for that amount of syns. Is a good substitute I think and if you serve it alongside a little bit fo cream and fruit, I think it is really yummy.

Glad you liked it :)

Lets just say oh dear.....i attempted this cake last night as we have a taster session at group tonite and was going to take it along....at least i tested it thats all i can say!! Mum came in and said oh that looks nice like it has lumps of chocolate in it....no mum thats lumps of cocoa!! I have to say its edible but not really worth the sins! I think i overwhisked the yolks and cocoa so may have to try another time but not whisk so much!! Now...what to cook for tonite...

I tried this recently, and found it was very dry. I used proper cocoa powder, so I'm not sure what happened. The flavour was nice, but the texture was too dry. I ate it with some 0% Total with passion fruit stirred through, which helped a bit.

Why did it come out too dry? Any thoughts?

Annie

going to tesco now to get some cocoa powder! As well as the ingredients for ss soup! Am doing essays for uni all week so need some comfort food!

May even make double the mixture and make some fairy cakes with a squirt of cream on and a strawberry on top!

did you use proper cocoa powder, and not drinking cocoa?

Yea i used cocoa...i think it was just because i overwhisked it!! (even though the recipe said be careful!!) But it is still enjoyable...iv been craving a bit all day and just had weigh in so enjoyed a lovely slice...and even though there are lumps of cocoa it is still nice as gives you something to bite into and chew :) Will def have another attempt soon!! x

Just tried my beautiful creation and unfortunatly it is far too bitter for me! I think i may make it with real sugar and just sin it more! thanks for the recipe though!

I am now sat here with a pancake consoling myself :)

Hello,

I had another attempt at this cake, put lots more sweetner in, I think i put in near 2 mugs full!

The result = beautiful x

I have just added squirty cream to my shopping order to be delivered tomorrow (I have the rest of the ingredients already). The traditional 'McFamily Pudding Sunday' is back on!!!! Whoop whoop!!

Last edited:
Back