Srictly Come Dancing & Anton Du Beke....

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Poor Anton has finally got a partner that can actually dance and what happens.......he is being threatened with the sack from the show because he said something wrong about his partner on Saturday's show.

I honestly didn't hear him say anything so I don't know whether it was meant as a joke or not - but, it looks as if his run may be coming to an end.

He never seems to have much luck does he.

I hope he does get sacked. Other people in the media have been disciplined for less. Its an unacceptable phrase these days and after the ignorant remarks he made about overweight people last year hes clearly nothing more than a rude ignorant man who should be made to take responsibilities for his comments... whos he going to insult next?

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! Just noticed this on a news website!
Im sure he didnt mean it when he said it but never the less he should think before he speaks and will probably get struck off the show for it no doubt.

I think it was a bit of a faux pas. IMO Anton seems to be a true gent and I'm sure it wasn't meant as an insult.
Long may he continue on SCD!

IMO Anton seems to be a true gent and I'm sure it wasn't meant as an insult.

From an interview with him last year:

I've no time for fat people, they should all be shot.

When I was at school, there would be one fat kid in the class. Now there are hordes of them. I don't understand the psychology of fat people

I'm in two minds about whether very overweight people should be refused surgery unless they slim down. They have paid their taxes and they're entitled to treatment. But maybe they should be shoved to the back of the queue if someone comes in with a condition which isn't the result of eating themselves to 400st.

Not much of a gent there... odd comments from someone who relies on the public to keep him in the competition...

Fair comment.
No excuse for that one but with regards to the p**i comment, he said that they had used it in jest a few weeks ago. It's just because people overheard this time.
TBH, people in the public eye cannot say anything at all in jest as it may be taken out of context and result in the sack. Take Carole Thatcher and the golliwog incident.

Like I said, no excuse for the above post, that's for sure but I do think that sometimes with passing comments like this one, the world has gone a little mad.

I think he probably spoke without thinking. It was apparantly said in jest, which isnt an excuse for using the term, but i really dont htink it was used to hurt or insult. It was just a stupid thing to say and im sure he apologised once it clicked in what he said.

I like Anton and I am sure he did not mean anything with his remark. He clearly likes the girl and could only have been in jest.
Perhaps he should have thought before he spoke, but we all make mistakes.

With regards to his comments about fat people, did he actually make the comments? That could be doubted as media do often twist things said, if not print blatant lies.
Many people do make comments without thinking without thinking, and are often taken out of context. I think that may have been the case.

He apologised to his Partner after saying it as she was taken back by his comment. She accepted his apology and they carried on. Its only down to others over hearing the remark that its hit the headlines.
He obviously put his foot in it...I know Im guilty of that!!
I work on an army base and there are none so "un-pc" as them believe me!!!

With regards to his comments about fat people, did he actually make the comments? That could be doubted as media do often twist things said, if not print blatant lies.
Many people do make comments without thinking without thinking, and are often taken out of context. I think that may have been the case.

The interview was well documented last year... caused a bit of an uproar at the time... just as this has.... he seems to have 9 lives... or maybe next time itll be 3 strikes and hes out.

Funny how the BBC seem to have one rule for him and another rule for other people... could it be anything to do with him being one of the main players in their big Saturday night show that theyre prepared to ignore his comments????

So he's not perfect! Who is? The remarks about fat people were made in his usual tongue in cheek style. Perhaps we could all lighten up and stop this PC nonsense?
Russel Brand and Jonathon Ross were guilty of far worse. Now they SHOULD have been sacked!

Tongue in cheek???? doesnt sound it... and believe me Im not one of the PC brigade. I just find his comments downright offensive...

As an overweight person I DO NOT deserve to be shot or denied life saving surgery. Im not a 2nd class citizen because of my weight and Im actually quite surprised people on a weight loss forum are so quick to dismiss his comments

So he's not perfect! Who is? The remarks about fat people were made in his usual tongue in cheek style. Perhaps we could all lighten up and stop this PC nonsense?
Russel Brand and Jonathon Ross were guilty of far worse. Now they SHOULD have been sacked!

Very well said Judi....I agree with you 100%

It doesn't matter whether he "said it in jest", or whether it "slipped out"...The guy obviously uses racist terms as a matter of course (he couldn't even stop himself in a professional context) and that is not acceptable in today's society. He needs to grow up and he needs to examine his attitudes to people of all races (and sizes).

It doesn't matter whether he "said it in jest", or whether it "slipped out"...The guy obviously uses racist terms as a matter of course (he couldn't even stop himself in a professional context) and that is not acceptable in today's society. He needs to grow up and he needs to examine his attitudes to people of all races (and sizes).

Couldn't agree more! Words like that don't just "slip out" unless they're the sort of thing you'd usually say.

Back