SS+ - Mixing food and milk

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Ferocious Ketosis, 30 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Ferocious Ketosis

Ferocious Ketosis Full Member

Can you have half the days allowance of milk and half the days allowance of food ?

If so, great, because I can have a cup of tea in the morning, an afternoon coffee and a small meal at tea time :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bleedingheck

bleedingheck Leahs Lightweights

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(19.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    sorry do you mean spread throughout the day or literally having half the chicken breats and veg your supposed to?

4. Ferocious Ketosis

Sorry Lynn. What I meant is that I'd like to be able to have both the milk and the green and white meal, but I know that I can't have it 'all' in one day.
    So could I have 100ml of skimmed milk (throghout the day) and 60g chicken breast with a little veg at teatime.
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is could I swap half of my chicken at teatime for 100ml of skimmed milk.

5. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    That's what I am doing, because I really need skimmed milk for tea and coffee during the day. I just cut down on the meal. Only had one slice of ham and some lettuce yesterday. This is my first week on SS Plus so I'll let you know on Wednesday how I get on, but basically I say, if this is what is keeping you on the straight and narrow, then don't worry about it, the weight will still come off. I have lost nearly 2 stone on W8, by combining shakes, skimmed milk and some food like this.

6. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

If you are SS+ with milk you have 4 packs a day with food you have three so it wouldn't balance out the way you suggest.

You also need to be consistent to achieve the best results.

You would be better off following 810 if you want to eat and have your food.

Ham is not allowed on SS, SS+ or 810 due to the salt, sugar and fat content.

7. Ferocious Ketosis

Thanks for your replies.
    Do you know what the losses are like doing the 810 plan?

8. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

If you weigh your food and stick to the allowed amount (raw and dry weights) the losses are very similar to SS and SS+.

9. Big Bird

Big Bird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Alex i am in my 3rd week of 810- loses below.Finding it really good, as its nice to eat with the family in the evening.Also socially have been out 3 times and its really easy in most places to get a small green salad and chicken breast salad which is great.:)

10. Ferocious Ketosis

Thanks both :)
    I'm going to try the half half mixing this week, I've spoken to my CDC and she said this should be fine.
    If this doesn't work out I'll move up to the 810.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.