SS+... mushrooms... meal ideas

Caz

Repeat Offender
Hey guys, my CDC has put me on SS+ for the week. I was just wondering, are mushrooms allowed? Also, any tips or suggestions of a kind of meal you can create with the allowed foods other than of course a salad!

I made a yummy meal last night from a recommendation on here. I mixed some dried herbs into cottage cheese, then spooned it onto cooked large flat mushrooms and stuck it under the grill to brown. served it on some fresh spinach leaves (raw). It was delish and much nicer than I expected. In fact it was no nice I might do it again tonight! Thanks to whoever posted the original recipe!

Mushrooms are allowed on SS+ (KD told me they were missed out of the booklet by mistake!). I do the same recipe as above, also chop up my chicken fillet with some mushroom and cook it together in my 'dry fry' pan, which is equally as lovely, especially with your chosen herbs and spices added.

I also adore raw mushrooms, so occasionally have one as a snack! :eek:

So, how many mushrooms do you use as your 2 tablespoons? I guess 3 or so?

Just out of interest why don't CD give the weights of the veg instead of tablespoons?

Just out of interest why don't CD give the weights of the veg instead of tablespoons?
I totally agree - how is anyone supposed to measure a tablespoon of salad leaves, lol?! :rolleyes::D

I agree too - it makes life difficult!
My cdc suggested using a potato peeler to cut courgette into ribbons like pasta and cooking in stock to serve with chicken. x

I totally agree - how is anyone supposed to measure a tablespoon of salad leaves, lol?! :rolleyes::D

I suppose it's because there are so many different vegetables available they couldn't be bothered lol, and people might get different types of veg that weigh different amounts?

I agree though, would be so much easier!

I didn't know that mushrooms were allowed I'm going to try the mushroom and cottage cheese its sounds delicious

I'm interested to know that too.....I sorta went off the rails last week (with salad and chicken....but added a couple of naughty bits) so I had my 810 week a week early, but next time I do it I'd like to do it properly with some nice recipes. There is another thread for 810 recipes, but everyone has their own faves and ideas xxx

I have no idea! It's hard to measure out 2 tablespoons of mushrooms really!

Could you grate some mushrooms on the large hole side and measure it this way? of course it will mean you will have to use the grated mushrooms to stuff some chicken or even add it to a soup. :)

ooh, chicken stuffed with grated mushrooms and fresh herbs would be nice!
<sighs as she realises she has become excited about grated mushrooms. x

A good guess would be two big portabello mushrooms - they would fit into two big spoons and are ideal for filling with the cottage cheese or whatever! :)

depends on the size of your spoon... ;)

182893712_417f4f6a29.jpg

p.s this blatantly isnt me, rather some random result from google, so apologies to kristen (i think thats her name)

I'm so with you all on the measuring using spoons - its so hard!

The first day on SS+ I had some cod and 1 spear of asparagus, thought that 1 spear would be about 2 tablespoons, turns out when I cut it up it barerly filled 1.

I really want to try the Cottage cheese and mushroom idea suggested. Do you think 1 of the really large flat mushrooms is more than 2 tablespoons?

Back