SS+ recipes

Hi KD i don't think it's a mistake, don't worry though if i want to do 810 i will do 810 no CDC will stop me,lol

As i said though it's seems along way off so i'm not too bothered about it yet.

Just made the crisps with oriental chilli soup, not bad actually BUT the smell reminded me of how bad the soup tasted and i couldn't eat anymore then half a crisp,lol
Trial and error!

SB,, the crisps sound yukkkyyy, lol. Think you might need to change your CDC, its not right that she must have been trained the CD way, but is not practising it! Do have you another in your area?

I must say 810 is better for me.. Fits around the family , much easier to do and I have more energy, still pretty much in ketosis (she says smelling breathe ;) ). Hey.. and was told today that they are introducing Eggs into it too, so can have an omelette, mmm Mushroom one :) xx

Oooh I made something yummy last night quorn 'curry': Mixed a little curry powder with water and 'fried' some quorn pieces and mushrooms with it. Then took half a chick/mush soup and added a little more tikka spice and a bit less water to make it thicker...mmmmm it was yummy! Gonna it again tonight :D

BP that sounds nice.. Suppose you canadd more chilli flakes to add spice too? Even if its a topping for stir fry, mixed in, might make it taste nicer too! Thanks for that one. I'd given up on soups as I hate them, but to use them in cooking like that might be an idea to use one now and then. xx

7lbs on 810 is amazing!!! Don't be disappointed by it, at all, that's a lot more than some people get on SS!

Thanks Caroline, its my 1st week of re-start, so as I was on ss last time and lost 10lb, its not bad, knowing that I can eat too. xx

SB... you shouldn't really be cooking your packs, unless you're on SS+ and are under 5ft 8 so technically have a 'spare' pack. Cooking them destroys the minerals and vitamins, or so I've been told anyway. Just so you know!

Yes caroline i know hun, i am on ss+, i'm 5ft 2 and it was a spare packet but thanks for looking out for me.

Ok good, just thought I'd better double check! I'd been doing stuff with them and hadn't known for ages. But I realised that I probably didn't say it very well, I didn't mean it in a bossy and interfering way honest!

hi guys,

New here and this is my first post - youve saved my bacon with your receipes...

I found a fat free vinigarette at tesco today if anyones interested!!! the only one i could find like !!

Hi Katie!!! Lol was just about to ask the same question!!!

Yes you two it is fine.

oh fabulous .. though it was .. just had my first meal since xmas and it was amzing .. am still on the LT shakes but have the SS+ guidelines so had 120 g chicken , 2 mushrooms and a little cabbage fried in some water with a splash of balsamic vinegar ... it was total heaven .. I see CDC on thursday .. so looking forward to tasty soups and shakes ( compared to LT !!)

oh fabulous .. though it was .. just had my first meal since xmas and it was amzing .. am still on the LT shakes but have the SS+ guidelines so had 120 g chicken , 2 mushrooms and a little cabbage fried in some water with a splash of balsamic vinegar ... it was total heaven .. I see CDC on thursday .. so looking forward to tasty soups and shakes ( compared to LT !!)

Good luck with it, you will love it i'm sure!:D

oooh oooh just had a yummy meal! The required amount of chicken 'fried' in some curry spices with water, cooked the chicken then threw in some spinach at the end- was AMAZING, coulda been from the Indian, only nicer because it was so fresh and I made it! just hoping now that OH will eat the second portion, as I'm not sure I trust it to stay in the fridge for long...yikes!

Last edited:
I just had some 'fried' mushrooms and spinach and some cod - is it just me or do you get to have LOADS of white fish? I'm completely stuffed! and I need to have another pack before bed but not sure i can manage it i'm that full!!!

If you think you get alot of fish wait till you try the quorn mince if you haven't already, there's tons of it, i never manage to eat more than half!

was thinking of doing a 'curry' with curry powder (can we use this) and water with mushrooms and spinach. mmmm cant wait

Mmmm, keep these ideas coming girls.. Like the chicken with curry and spinach. I have some turkey, so gonna give that a go tonight, as doing curry for all of them, so not quite the same, but still that Zing. lol. Thanks for all of these. Quorn Mince, not quite sure of what else to do with that.. Anyone ideas? xx

Back