Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

SS vs SS+ ??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kilobel, 17 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Kilobel

Kilobel Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I am just wondering what everyone is on & if there is a vast difference between the two

I actually saw a post stating that some people actually lose better with +

Cheers
    Niki
    Day 3

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lazyhound

Lazyhound Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.63%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    After 10 weeks on SS I changed up to SS+ nearly 2 weeks ago. My first week I lost 4 lbs and if my scales are right I will have lost 3lbs this week :)

What I think it depends on is your relationship with food. I personally needed food taken out of the equation totally to start with. Now I feel much more in control of my food demons and can handle the addition of food without wanting to empty the fridge lol!

Annie x

4. crazylilblondie

crazylilblondie Pizza addict

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I didnt lose much on SS+ at all, probably 1lb less each week!

5. laura1979

laura1979 Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(21.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have been on SS+ from the beginning, so far i have lost 35lbs since 13/3/09, which i think is fantastic, i think it depends on the individual. I did ss+ so that i can sit down and eat a meal with my kids so that they don't start questioning why i wasn't eating any food, as this is not a good example for a 6 and 9yr old. They have asked questions about the diet and i have told them as much as i can so they understand now, but i don't feel i would be able to SS, so will stick to SS+ till i hit my goal weight, which if i loose 3lb a week i will reach by August, not long now. Good Luck :)

6. miss_mallow

miss_mallow Banned

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.16%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    im on day 5 on ss.
    The whole point of me doing cambridge diet was to ignore food completely for 12 weeks, get my head sorted and then begin healthy eating.
    I understand why alot of people would chose to do ss+ as it keeps a bit of normality. I just think that eating food so early on in the diet would encourage me to eat more of the wrong things.
    I would expect though that if you stuck to ss+ 100% you would still see great losses.

7. passionflower

passionflower Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(16.86%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    If you have a family and there are children involved I think doing the + is a very wise choice, eating together as a family is important, I started this yesterday only along with my hubby and we went for the SS as i think it will simplify things for the first 4 weeks, after that we are thinkingnto slowly move onto the +.

8. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    In my experience about 1lb a month. Still so low in calories you'll lose loads.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.