ss+ weightloss and meal ideas

nessx

hi

i have been doing the ss plan for three weeks now and have decided that for the remainder of my weight loss journey i was debating ss+.
:confused:
however b4 taking the dip i just wanted to here if people still had good weight losses, and also what kind of meals people have made.

also it says quorn 200g, but is that any quorn or is it just the white chicken like quorn, because its white?

sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for your replies x

I used the quorn mince and the quorn chicken pieces. I avoid the quorn sausages I made 2 and they made me sick, like cheap meatballs urghh!

I lost weight on SS, I struggle to shift weight at the best of times, so in 2 months I am pretty much at goal, which is amazing. WW just did nothing for me at all, I got stuck at 10st 7lbs and put it back on in the end despite being good. So do go with SS+, it does work.

(I am sick of chicken, tuna etc. though lol.)
I made a lot of giant mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese, cottage cheese on chicken with veg. Tuna salad, chicken salad, quorn salad...

Kebabs are good cos you can marinate the chicken or turkey (and mushrooms) for hours beforehand so it is just so lovely and tasty. Spinach and cottage cheese is surprisingly good. My CDC says you can have tomato's so I've had a few of them as well. Ooh and turkey burgers are great. Mix Turkey mince with spinach, cottage cheese and onion and smash it all together. Makes about 5 mini burgers you can cook in the George Forman in about 4 mins. Lovely! Combine that with tomato sauce made from a tiny fresh tomato and lettuce and you almost have a burger without the bun...except its all TINY amounts of course!

oh im confused!

the book i have says that u cant have mushrooms or tomatoes. i think u must be on the step 2 which is 810 cals

the step which is ss+ is 615 cals a day

strictly speaking you aren't allowed tomatoes on ss+ or 810. i think it's because of the sugar content and the acid. but if it's working for you then that's great!

mushrooms are allowed on 810 but not ss+ x

i know tomatoes are not allowed on SS+ but I am sure that mushrooms are now allowed on SS+ even though it doesn't say in the book.
I am sure someone posted on here about mushrooms a few weeks ago. I will take a look. :confused:

xx

yes mushrooms are now allowed on ss+,
elaine x

That's interesting. I did wonder about the tomatoes as I thought they had citric acid in. I've only have maybe 2 in 2 weeks anyway!

Oh I have been thinking of moving up from SS to SS+ and I've just finished 3 weeks of 100% SS till last night when I had a small piece of chicken.

I wonder if its a 3 week blip lol but I really think I will have to have some chicken / tuna / something now and again just to eat.

Would it be ok to have a little chicken etc every now and again?

Thanks

Last edited:
God i ve been eating mushrooms on SS+ and didnt know i werent allowed them but will carry on because ive had no probls getting the weight off!

Back