ss, when to introduce food

buffydog

Silver Member
hi,
i now see my goal weight getting closer and was just wondering when i should move up to next step.
to everyone who has now reached goal, how far away from target were you before you went to next level.
i`m quite scared about this bit and really dont want to mess it up, could quite happily stay on cd forever.........lol

I am 4lbs off my target and my cdc has said this week will be my last on ss! Like you I am a bit scared of returning to eating "normal food". I think this is where the real hard work will start!

i thought we had to come of ss alot sooner than that.
so i should have another month yet then?

My cdc told me that when I was bmi 25 +1st ( apporox 27bmi) I would have to move up to the next plan.

thats what i am now, but my cdc has said nothing about any other step, think maybe i`m gonna have to ask to move up when i feel ready...............prob never

Hi
I am going to start working up the plans from next week when I have a stone to loose... If I get to 1200 and I am still a way from my goal, I will just do that for a few extra weeks to get to goal I think....

My CDC told me to get to 2 levels above where you want to be BMI wise before working your way down the plans e.g. if you want a BMI of 25 then start working your way up the plans at 27....

Hope this helps! Let me know how you get on moving up the plans as I will be starting to do this from next Monday and it would be nice to hear from someone who is going through the same thing at the same time!
Ruth

ooh, i`m too scared.......i have a week before i see my cdc next so maybe will suggest it to her then.
keep me informed of how you get on, good luck

im dreading moving up ive only got another 12lb to go before he wants me to strat moving up.

I've just finished my first week on 810 after moving up the plans. It was quite daunting to face the amount of food you can have but also really nice to be able to sit down and have a meal again.
Good Luck.

its funny really coz obviously we want to eat again but i refuse to put any weight back on and i guess thats what we are all really bothered about, well done liz.xx

i had to switch from ss up to 1000 because my body didn't like ss at all!! so my cdc asked me to go on 810 for a week and then up to 1000. it did seem really strange to begin with. it seems like so much food!! especially now. but it is still very regimented. you can only have so much of this and this and this. so you don't have the freedom to 'cheat' as it were straight away. you get used to eating for a while before being given more freedom on the 1200 and 1500 plans. i don't think it will cause a problem. basically i figured i will maintain this way -- i will never buy a size bigger clothing than the one i am when i reach my goal weight. if my clothes get tight i will eat less. after all. i can't believe i did it to begin with. who buys bigger and bigger clothes rather than eating less? obviously we all do. but when you look at it in the face of logic it's a really daft thing to do!! ha. i think i'm going to always have to follow something similar to slimming world principles to keep myself in check, but we should be able to enjoy life post diet. i don't want to feel like i'm on one forever. sorry. i seem to have ranted :S

abz xx

ts funny really coz obviously we want to eat again but i refuse to put any weight back on and i guess thats what we are all really bothered about, well done liz.xx
Thanks hun, you've done brilliantly too.
I think moving up through the plans really enables your body to get used to having food again. I think as long as it's done properly there really is very little chance of putting on weight. Well that's what i'm hoping anyway. ;)

that`s the thing, i really dont want to put any back on, but dont want to be on a diet forever.
would love to have treats every now and again.
i have decided to give myself a 7lb limit, so i will weigh myself every week and as soon as i go near the 7lb, will cut down the following week.
i`m hoping just cutting down my carb intake i will be able to maintain.
i think i need to set myself a strict plan for a month or 2 at first, will have a look round maintainers threads and try and come up with something.

I have to start eating when my BMI reaches 25... That is about another stone for me (9st 7lb). Then she said I can do 810 until I get to goal which is another stone & half....

Apparently, you have to introduce food when your BMI reaches 25, as you start to burn lean tissue.... which is obviously pretty bad for you as your heart is made of it... x

Good luck with the eating, I'm doing a mix of SS & SS+ so don't feel too deprived....

Maybe a good idea to do ss+ for a few weeks???, get you used to eating before moving up the plans, im nowhere near target but have done 810 the last 5 weeks and have lost pretty much aswell as on ss+, going up to 810 felt hardly any different, just make sure you are extra vigilante with the food weights.

Back