1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Puddings St Clements Chocolate Crunch

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pootler, 12 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

Makes 8 portions. (5.5 syns per slice, or 3.5 syns and 1/2 a HexB)

4 eggs, separated
    170 g fromage frais or quark
    juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
    juice and grated rind of 1 orange
    5 sheets gelatine (or about 2 sachets)
    pinch of salt
    10 tablespoons sweetener
    112 g Bran Flakes, crunched into crumbs
    100 g dark chocolate

• Line the bottom of a spingform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
    • Melt chocolate. Add bran flakes. Mix. Press into bottom of cake tin and chill until set.
    • Cook yolks, rinds, juice and sweetener in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, whisking, constantly until you have a thick, frothy custard.
    • Put gelatine in small bowl with about 5 tablespoons water. Microwave for a few seconds, remove and stir. Repeat until gelatine is dissolved.
    • Mix gelatine solution into custard.
    • Put in fridge to cool for about an hour.
    • When cool, gently mix in fromage frais.
    • Whisk egg whites and salt until they form peaks. Gently fold into custard and fromage frais mixture.
    • Spoon over base. Chill for 2 hours.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Slimming World
    looks yummy...

only trouble is I don't trust the eggs here enough to have raw whites..
  4. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

You could probably make it without the egg whites actually. All they do is give it a light, fluffy texture like mousse. Believe me, the mixture is yummy enough without the egg whites... it nearly didn't make it onto the chocolate base when I made it!
    Last edited: 13 February 2011
  5. Just_Eleanor

Just_Eleanor Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    This sounds like something we used to have for school dinners, a chocolate cornflake base with orange blancmange on top. Was oddly yummy!

I wonder if that recipe for firm set mullerlight mousse stuff would work? Using an orange muller and orange jelly for the topping?
  6. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

Ha! That's EXACTLY what I was trying to recreate! I have craved that pudding ever since I left school at 18 and I'm so glad I figured out how to make it. :)))

I'm sure that would work. Any recipe for a citrus mousse would, probably.

I think next time I make it I'll make the base thinner, maybe even half the amounts. It was pretty thick, and cost a lot of syns this way. Hubby said he needed a chisel to eat it the first time we had it. It softened up a bit later though.
  7. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    A word of warning in case there is anyone as dim as me!

I thought I'd try adapting this and making using the muller light + sugar free jelly option (went for rasberry flavour jelly, vanilla and choc sprinkles yoghurt and blended with some frozen raspberries)

It might have worked - if my springform cake tin had been water tight - it wasn't! Jelly/yoghurt mix everywhere!

Might try again, but this time either line the cake tin with foil to make it water tight, or maybe try using a silicone cake tin - once its set I'm guessing you can peel off the rubbery cake tin.
  8. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

The way I did it, the mousse was already set when I put it on the base so it didn't leak. But a leakproof tin might help. ;-)
  9. Liannemc

Liannemc Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the tip - sounds exactly like something i would do!
  10. Jayner

Jayner Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    This sounds yummy:) I think I will have to have a go at making this. x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.