Stacey's Singapore Noodles

StaceyUK

Gold Member
My version, adapted from the series 'Chinese Food Made Easy' - this is now my favourite stir-fry and tastes as good as a takeaway!

Serves 2

Syns - 0.5 per serving, using chicken as HEX B

Ingredients
1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
5 fresh shiitake mushrooms (or normal mushrooms), sliced
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 handful julienned carrot strips
Pack of asparagus and baby corn, chopped
226g chicken breast or thigh (raw weight), cooked and sliced (HEX B)
2 bundles of thai rice noodles
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce (1 syn)
1 tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar
1 free-range egg, beaten
2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
crushed dried chillies (optional)
sesame oil (optional)

Method

Prepare all the ingredients in advance - chop all the veg and cook the chicken, get the noodles on (if using the ones that need to soak for 10 mins)

1. Spray a wok with Frylight and heat until very hot, then stir fry the ginger, chilli, mushrooms and turmeric for a few seconds.

2. Add the red pepper, carrots, asparagus, baby corn. Add some boiling water a little bit at a time to help create steam and cook the veg. If your wok has a lid, cover it and let steam for a few minutes or until the veg is how you like it. Add the cooked chicken and mix.

3. Soak the noodles for 5 mins in boiling water and drain.

4. Add the noodles to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with the soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine.

5. Pour the beaten egg into the wok and stir gently for one minute, or until the egg is cooked through. Pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate, season with a dash of sesame oil (optional - add 1 syn per 1/2 tsp - worth it!), then sprinkle with crushed dried chilies and garnish with the sliced spring onions.

Attachments

• IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 959
Bumping this. I'm making it again tonight as I really fancy a chinese! Going to have it with some egg noodles for a change instead of rice noodles and going to add some shrimp and broccoli too. I'm also going to add another egg to it and some beansprouts. Yum!

I love Chinese, Thai and Japenese food. I could eat it for ever. I love making low fat versions of recipes I enjoy.

This does look really yummy.

Have you tried Yakitori Chicken? that is really tasty with noodles and stir fry veggies.

Stacey you've just made me very happy! Singapore noodles is just about my favourite dinner! I was naughty and got some from the Noodle shop a few weeks ago, but now I don't need to be naughty! I'll be giving this recipe a go! But til then a HUGE thankyou!

Hope you enjoy it OzzieMoz! I made it last night with medium egg noodles, red pepper, carrot, broc, mange tout, baby corn & beansprouts and used some diced chicken and small prawns. I sprinkled it with dried chilli flakes and drizzled with 1/2 tsp sesame oil (1 syn) and it was easily the best one I've made! Oh, and I used 2 eggs too and doubled the 'sauce'.

I found the right noodles at the supermarket yesterday, but I have no idea how much to use! Stacey, have you any idea weight-wise how much 2 bundles of noodles is? I need an idiot-proof guide to cooking :rotflmao:

I used the thai noodles that come in bunches and used 2 bunches. Or I've used medium egg noodles and used 3 sheets. Hope that helps! xx

Nope :rotflmao: I'm in Australia and the thai noodles that I have found don't seem to be in bunches :cry: Never mind, I will experiment, cross fingers and hope for the best! Thanks for wanting to help though Stacey :D

Just to update, I went to a different supermarket today and found some rice noodles in individual portion sizes. So I'll try it with 2 of them! Going to get the rest of the ingredients tomorrow and try it out for lunch on Thursday! I'm probably rather more excited about this than I should be :rotflmao:

*bites nails*

Hope it lives up to expectations!! I'd say to make up the noodles and then add them in a few spoonfuls at a time so that you don't dump the whole lot in and wind up with far too many noodles and no flavour (like my sister did!!).

Bump

Going to make these for our dinner guests (auntie and uncle) my uncle loves Singapore noodles so if I can do these on SW for my auntie I am onto a winner :)

Thank you xx

I saw on here a recipe for a quark cheesecake, with options white Choc stirred into it but I can' t find it now, anyone know it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi Stacey

Just wanted to say I tried this and it was amazing!!

I doubled the 'sauce' and it was sooooo nice.

Thanks for posting the recipe

Stacey (another one!)

Back