Stalking KD - a new sport?

Roomba or scooba?

Well they are different. Roomba hoovers carpets and hard floors. Scooba washes hard floors.

I love my roomba. Had one for about 7 years. The latest model which I got a few months ago is brilliant. Scooba isn't quite so clever.

Some people have asked me if my roomba is the same as the one in Lakeland. No it isn't. That is an earlier model. Don't get it. Get the 560. Both clean well, but the 560 has some nifty talents.

Roomba 560 takes itself off it's charger, cleans a room, moves to the next room, cleans that etc, until it's all finished when it takes itself back to the charger. At the moment I have the timer set to do all this at 3:00am every morning.

All I have to remember to do is empty the little bin thing. Roomba also talks nicely to me. Yes...it does talk :D

Roomba is way better than a normal hoover in many respects. For one thing, nobody has to be in the house when it does it's chores. It does take a long time to get around the house, but it cleans well, and if I can get off and do things (or sleep) while it's hovering away, then time is saved. DH refuses to hover all of downstairs every day at 3:00am in the morning. Don't know why:confused:

Roomba cleans very well :clap: It's trouble free.

Scooba also cleaned well, but I have to set it off, it doesn't have a scheduler thingy. It doesn't take itself back to the charger. That's a pain, because if I forget, it's not ready for me the next time.

Scooba is cheap to run though. When I finish the solution that came with it, I can use just vinegar and water :clap:

Scooba is better than a mop and bucket. Probably just about the same time was needed to 'set up'. It cleaned better though, not as good at the corners and sides as roomba is when it hoovers (no side brushes). Still, didn't take a moment to just wizz around with a cloth on any bit edge missed. I did the white glove check after and hey presto, still had a white glove after it :cool:

I'm pleased I bought the scooba. At least it stops me going on about how I really must have one :D It's a gadget persons toy that happens to work well.

If someone asked me what they should get first I'd recommend a Roomba first, then a scooba. If I had the scooba first, I'm not sure I'd bother getting the roomba and would have missed out on how clever the roomba really is.

Mish mash of thoughts there. Got a headache. But might be useful for someone who was considering getting one.

Oh, one more thing.

One great thing about the scooba compared to mop and bucket, is that you don't have to sweep up first. The scooba does it. Hoovers, then washes, then dries. And.....only uses clean water to wash. Never recycles like a mop and bucket does. Perhaps that's why it cleaned better.

KD.. do you work for that company? or do you get commision? lol..

I think the roomba sounds fantastic.. it really does.. i wish i had one.. lol.. i HATE hoovering with a passion.. and when michael moves off to germany.. you just know the floor isnt gonna get hoovered.. LOL.. thats his job.. hehe..

Bet you are glad you have them..

Cat x x x

KD, Have you had them delivered from the states, walmart has a scooba but no roomba, Ah, Ill check sears, hang on

Sears have the roomba 530, not a 560, whats the difference, Im so excited, my mum is in the states at the mo and can pick me one up if I ask.

Or are they better priced over here

Hi KD how much do these treasures cost and where do ya get them x/

I got them from ebay. My latest roomba was about £200, from the UK. The scooba came from the States and cost £150 (incl P&P...which was free anyway). Both brand new.

The scooba only took a couple of days to come, even from the states, but no doubt I'll have to pay tax on it. Even so, I didn't think that was bad.

BTW, the roomba doesn't completely replace a normal vacuum. You can't do stairs with it. I usually just brush them, leaving the dust at the bottom for Roomba to eat.

Our normal vacuum stays in the garage and DH gets it out every few months for anything roomba can't tackle.

KD.. do you work for that company? or do you get commision? lol..

Wish I did. I'd promote it over here more. It's taken ages for it to be easily available in the UK, and even so, it's harder to get the later models. Reminds me of my Tivo, which is fab, but not marketed in the UK any more:confused:

Why do you always leave us on tenterhooks KD!!!

Teehee. Okay..So, you know I try to teach piano?

Well...many years ago, I had this new student start. Aged about 8. One of the first things the Mum told me, was that her daughter had a phobia for anything small that moved. Insects, slugs, spiders, ants.

She was petrified (evidently). Mum said she needed to make sure that it wouldn't be a problem. Well....it could be. Small moving things love my house, and I never kill anything, but I thought I'd just be extra vigilant and make sure the room was free of creepy crawlies.

So, she had been with me for about 4 lessons, when I noticed she was staring at the corner of the wall. She didn't look scared or anything, it just kept catching her eye.

I looked myself and saw a black mark. Don't know how I missed it when cleaning:confused: It wasn't moving. Didn't look like a creepy crawly, so we went to investigate.

As we got closer, I noticed there was a very fine (almost fluffy) web, and I was just about to suggest we went back to the piano;), when kiddo put her nose right up to it.

Just at that moment, hundreds of the tiniest spiders suddenly spiralled out and ran across the wall. Felt like hundreds of them, but probably about 30 or 40.

She was about an inch away from them:eek:

Bless her. She went very white, but didn't say anything. Just stood there transfixed. In shock possibly.

I stayed really calm (cos they didn't bother me), and said "well...fancy that....how cute are they :D....shall we count them?"

Okay...so she didn't want to count them:confused: Very odd. But she did just go back to the piano and we continued as before.

Weird, as mother insisted that she would probably scream the house down and then faint.

Was a tad shocking at the time though :D

you have tivo too? wow..

x x

Yeah. Love my tivo
connie_49.gif

I do had a V+ box, because the tivo wouldn't record 2 programmes at once, but the technology is way behind Tivo (even though it's much newer). My tivo is about 10 years old??? and is much more advanced and intuitive. Just a damn shame that it won't record 2 programmes together as everything I ever want to watch is at 9:00pm!:mad: Oh...apart from Corrie;)

Im not a spider lover, Im not petrified or anything, but if 30 or 40 ran across my wall Id cak it!!! Even if they were tiny
You are so up on technological things!

One hell of a random thread this one...

what do you think the main difference between tivo and your v+ is?

x x x

Quite a lot really. The tivo is much more intuitive.

Finding a programme to record
v+: first know the name of the programme, and preferably what date, time and channel it is on. Press record.

Tivo type in the name of the programme, and it'll give you all the other information, including channels and the dates and times of the rest of the series and repeats. Chose what you want.

Clashes
v+ When something clashes whilst entering to record, v+ tells you. You then have to search for what it clashes with, set one to 'unrecord', then go back and find the first one and record again. Other times if just doesn't record, you have to check the v+ place to make sure everything it says it's recording is actually going to do that:mad:

tivo thinks Aha, your programme clashes, never mind, we notice that there is a repeat tomorrow morning/next month at 4:00am, we'll record that for you instead.

Navigating: If I want to find when all the dieting programmes are on.

v+ guess...scroll, scroll, change dates, times, scroll...scroll.

Tivo: Please record all dieting programmes.

Series
v+ 'record one', 'this week' or 'all'

tivo: Gives a list, and you pick which ones you want (or all of them) Great when there is a series each one covering different topics.

Remote
v+ difficult to handle. Easy to press the wrong thing. I'm forever pressing record when I'm fast forwarding. Can't jump x amount of minutes. Has to fast forward to them.

When you fast forward, it stops exactly when you ask it to. That's a negative BTW :D Tivo jumps back a second or so, because it always takes the brain a moment from seeing...to pressing stop. So with v+ you usually have to then rewind a moment.

Also the subtitles on v+ stop when I'm fastforwarding, tivo keeps up. Means I can watch an hour long programme in 10 minutes. Can't do that with v+

Wishlists
v+ None
Tivo: Pretty much anything you want. If I like a particular actor or producer, just need to tell tivo to record anything with those people in, anytime in the future. You can enter any keywords

Looking into the future.
v+ a week or two

Tivo: A month or two, but also a fantastic memory ;)

Suggestions:
v+ None
Tivo: Tivo gets to know you. It knows what kind of programmes I like, so records things it thinks I might have missed. These are called suggestions. If the tivo is running out of room, or there are any clashes, it will just delete the suggestion...no questions asked. Nice to find programmes that I hadn't noticed though:cool:

There's more, but that's enough I think :D It's just so much more intelligent:confused:

And to make this thread even more random :D

Frog or horse?

4cdfff3d.gif

Horse :)

Don't the cobwebs just add character??:eek:

Ah Georgie, you sound just like me lol! Of course they do and they're a nice home for the insects too! ;):D

now that would be cool. They do make a robotic lawnmower, but I've dreamt of having a little robotic sponge that travels up and down the bathroom tiles, onto the bath, then sink. Lastly the loo, when it then drops back into a charger which then gives it a good clean and disinfectant:cool:

I love the sound of that robotic lawnmower....and the sponge!!! :D

Aged about 8. One of the first things the Mum told me, was that her daughter had a phobia for anything small that moved. Insects, slugs, spiders, ants.

Weird, as mother insisted that she would probably scream the house down and then faint.

[/quote]

Sounds exactly like my daughter!! She screams at the thought of anything coming into the house! I can't even open the windows in summertime! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back