Stall near goal- any advice?

Saddlebag

Silver Member
Hello lovely S&S peeps!

I'm a pound from goal. The scales haven't moved in over a week- I'm sure that they've even been up despite sticking to plan.
I appear to be stalling and really want that last pound off, and hopefully a couple more so I'm not too far over goal as a result of my refeed.
What do you think to increasing calories to get out of a stall? I'm thinking of going up to 800 cals, or having 4 packs plus a protein meal. Any advice?

I reacon that the extra cals will help, maybe kick start your metabolism...I heard Gillian on Biggest Loser recomend upping cals by 10% on there to get by a plateu
Im SO envious by the way , 1lb off goal thats fantastic hun well done you x

Thanks hun that's really helpful, I will perhaps have more veg or a bit more protein and see if that helps.
It's been a test of willpower but I'm nearly there :)

Wow congratulations on almost reaching your goal!! :)
I think the extra cals may give your metabolism a little kick start and the protein on top of your four packs sounds like a good idea. Let us know how it goes :)

I do the 3 packs + protein option, but tend to up my protein by 50g for two days if I'm stalling, then if still stalling up another 50g again for a while (100g overall). Definately works for me -and certainly no gains :) Also though, you're not due TOTM by any chance?

Thanks girls for your advice and kind words :)

Lucy my totm isn't due, I'm on the pill and it doesn't usually effect my weight loss. Now I've said that I'll probably start randomly :-D

I'm just having a plain salad now and am going to treat myself to a biggest loser meal bar as I really fancy something sweet and the chocolate crunch ones are amaaaaaaaazing. In total that brings me over 700 cals but under 800. We shall see what the scales say tomorrow!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I've checked, double checked, triple checked.... The scales definitely say that I am less than 10.7!! (the lines on the scales are dead small. I think it says 10.5 but could be 10.6)
I'm going to wait until Wednesday I think as that's official weigh day :eek: But phewww, glad to be out of that stall! Thanks for your help :)

Well done Saddlebag!!!

Have more protein to up your cals.... mind your veg as that might boot you out of ketosis!!!

Well done at being so close though!!!

Awesome work!! X

Thank you Deezer! I've had an extra 200g of veg today, but it was only lettuce and cucumber so not much in that. I also had two pickled eggs (yeh I know... For some reason I love anything pickled) which have no sugar or additives and MFP says they're 45 cals each (they are quite small eggs I guess).
I've never been too keen on poultry so have been having eggs instead, I know they're fatty but there's lots of nutrition in there for 45 cals each :-D
Calories for today add up to 650 which I'm happy with :)

Back