Stalling

Hiya All

I'm now on day 13 and doing ok, had a great loss on the 1st week of 8 pounds but I also had food poisoning so that probably assisted. I popped on the scales this morning and it's showing i've put 2 pound on :confused:. Do you think it's my body re-adjusting it's self? I'm in Ketosis, not super dark purple put purple never the less. I don't think I'm using my full 15g on veg, is this imperative? I'm drinking plenty of water and one small glass of caffine free diet coke a night. I snack on cheese and a small amount of low carb pate. I'm out on Saturday so will be having my first alcoholic drink in 2 weeks and will promise no to go overboard! Can anybody shine a light on my situation?

I really hope cheese isn't the things that effects me, it's one of the reasons i've come over to Atkins in the first place. I've cut out my evening coke drink and will do that for a couple of days and see what happens! Everyone cross there fingers please!

You can still have your coke but try coke zero instead, it doesn't have citric acid and that's the ingredient that tends to stall people.

I seem to be ok with cheese but still try not to eat too much of it. To see if your sensitive to it; stick to the amount suggested in the book or cut it out completely for just a few days to see if you notice any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have come to the conclusion that cheese stalls me to which is rubbish!! Do people tend to also stall with cream if they stall with cheese? Does it tend to be all dairy? Cause I'm not sure on the cream! Gosh working out what is stalling me is difficult!

Hi there

I have struggles to get the scales moving again after the first week or so however read somewhere about coconut oil getting the scales moving again,, so rushed out to buy so and BINGO they are once again going down!!! May be just a fluke but whatever it is I'm happy!!!

xx

I have come to the conclusion that cheese stalls me to which is rubbish!! Do people tend to also stall with cream if they stall with cheese? Does it tend to be all dairy? Cause I'm not sure on the cream! Gosh working out what is stalling me is difficult!

Yes, I had to drop all dairy in the end. I'll maybe go back to it on maintenance though as I won't be trying to lose then but just stay at the same weight. :)

Don't forget that a stall in Atkins terms is four weeks or more with no loss. Atkins is not like other diets, you don't always lose steadily and predictably week by week. You get a small loss one week and a bigger one the next or the week after that.

We call a lengthy stall followed by a big loss a visit from 'the whoosh fairy'. ha ha. The sudden big loss is the 'whoosh'. When you do Atkins you find out which foods give you problems and which don't. I adore cheese too but it is now limited because it affects me powerfully and definitely stalls me or makes me show a gain.

Likewise Atkins 'goodies'. Can't have them every day and still lose weight. I reckon tho that the amount of food we can eat on this plan, and the freedom from fear it gives, is well worth any minor sacrifice.

I use coconut oil for frying/baking by the way - virgin, unrefined - and have just decided to increase the daily amount after reading that it can help to speed up weight loss.

I was stalling due to atkins bars, so I went clean and green for 2 weeks and that got the scales moving again ( in the right way). I'm ok with cheese, I eat loads of philly and it doesnt stall me. I think the only thing that really stalls me is sausages, even if they are low carb.

I just fry my meat in the coconut oil!! I bought it from a chinese food store ( it was a heck of a lot cheaper than H & B ) its unflavoured. Apparently the flavoured one, people put in their coffee!!! not to sure how that would taste, can't harm to give it a go though!

xx

I've got the flavoured one, I don't want to cook with it & have everything tasting of coconut. Do you know if I could just eat it off the spoon. Do you think it will have the same effect & how much should I take?

I must try it if it helps with weight loss!! I didn't realise it had that effect!! :)

Yep - lots of studies show that unrefined virgin coconut oil has a positive effect on metabolism. This makes sense on Atkins particularly because we are encouraged - indeed, required - to eat a fair old amount of fat and coconut oil is one of the healthier ones.

I have tried it in coffee. Not bad, I was expecting it to be revolting but it basically melts and sits on top so after a few sips it's gone down the hatch! And sure it can be taken off the spoon if that is easier. One coconut oil expert recommends starting off with one teaspoon a day and gradually building up to two tablespoons for optimum benefit.

Try cooking with it - putting it in a MIM instead of butter or oil, making pastry with it, or spreading it on low carb pancakes. I suppose it could be mixed with a little butter if that helps the flavour. I love the coconut smell and taste.

The positive effects are, they say, due to the actual composition of the oil - it contains triglycerides. This apparently is a very good thing in metabolic terms ha ha.

girlygirl1 said:
Yep - lots of studies show that unrefined virgin coconut oil has a positive effect on metabolism. This makes sense on Atkins particularly because we are encouraged - indeed, required - to eat a fair old amount of fat and coconut oil is one of the healthier ones.

I have tried it in coffee. Not bad, I was expecting it to be revolting but it basically melts and sits on top so after a few sips it's gone down the hatch! And sure it can be taken off the spoon if that is easier. One coconut oil expert recommends starting off with one teaspoon a day and gradually building up to two tablespoons for optimum benefit.

Try cooking with it - putting it in a MIM instead of butter or oil, making pastry with it, or spreading it on low carb pancakes. I suppose it could be mixed with a little butter if that helps the flavour. I love the coconut smell and taste.

The positive effects are, they say, due to the actual composition of the oil - it contains triglycerides. This apparently is a very good thing in metabolic terms ha ha.

Hi girly... I'm using it and am only having about one teaspoon a day ... I must up it! :)

You are probably having one tsp cos you are scared of the... calories! Ha ha. I was like that when I first started Atkins. I had read about the importance of good fats on this diet, I had taken on board the good Dr.'s theories and advice, but in the cold light of day I was plain scared to eat the dreaded fat denied us on so many other diet plans.

I have read article after article about the health benefits of coconut oil, and about its positive effect on metabolism and weight loss and energy levels. We are advised to start with a teaspoonful a day and then gradually add more so, hey, you are doing just fine!

Just spoke to a friend of a friend who's a nutritionist ... She was very skeptical about coconut oil cos of saturated fat ... I didn't both to argue! She'd prefer me to be on a low GI diet but can see the benefits of Atkins on me! Lol

Back