Starbucks, yummy!

leona

I have a bit of a Starbucks habit so usually my first shake of the day is hot vanilla with a spoonful of coffee. But I've just had a butterscotch shake, cold, blended with ice and Nescafe....OMG was sooooo yummy! It's my new favourite. I highly recommend it if you like frappucinos... :)

I had the toffee and walnut with some coffee in a few days back, was lovely!

Curly,i was saying that to my CDC last week..... "I wish I liked coffee" as so mnay of my friends do the starbucks / costa thing... and I was always stuck with a nasty hot choc... I even bought a CD cappucino to see if whilst my taste buds are changing I might grow to like it!
x

Tilly I would try a vanilla shake with a touch of coffee in it instead, much less "in yer face" than the cappacino.

Curly,i was saying that to my CDC last week..... "I wish I liked coffee" as so mnay of my friends do the starbucks / costa thing... and I was always stuck with a nasty hot choc... I even bought a CD cappucino to see if whilst my taste buds are changing I might grow to like it!
x
Funnily enough, I have grown to like it! I was always a confirmed tea drinker, and just assumed I would have black tea on the diet - yuck! I just couldn't take that strong tannin taste, coating the inside of my mouth. (Hope this hasn't put me off tea for life, lol! :eek:)

Then I turned to black coffee, and I actually like it now. In fact, if it wasn't for black coffee, I don't think I would have been able to stay on CD! I'm not a 'natural' coffee lover, so I put one teaspoonful of (organic) instant into a tall cappuccino mug (unwanted Xmas gift found at back of cupboard!), one sweetener and mix it with a tall ice cream spoon, which is essential if you're using cappucino mugs. Sometimes I put in a pinch of cinnamon to alter the taste a bit. This is something that I can drink, and I make sure that one is at my elbow all day pretty much.

I also bought some fresh ground decaff coffee and I make this in a one-cup cafetiere (also found at back of cupboard!) and have that later in the day. Because I make all these coffees mild, they work for me (otherwise I would be stuck with drinking just hot water, I think) and now I can see myself drinking black coffee for a very long time to come.

Why don't you give it another try? You never know, you might like it this time! :)

Back